NYTimes Election 2012
by: The New York Times Company • 427
Election 2012 is just around the corner. If you've been disconnected from Elections 2012 it's time to catch up with one of the best Android app for following campaign, developed by one of the most reliable news source: New York Times. Actually, what this app does is bringing together Elections-related news published on the NYTimes and show it in an understandable way.
This app is divided in four sections. From "News" you can read any article Elections-related published on NYT. Each article is listed on a category depending on the issue discussed, e.g. Foreign Policy, Campaign Finance, Conventional Wisdom, Tax Returns, etc. From "Opinion" sections users will have access to a compilation of experts' blogs with daily updated opinions. "Election Guide" is a section which is locked for non-subscribers. There will be displayed polls results, calendars and state profiles for Presidential Race, Senate, House, Primaries, etc. Finally, "Mulltimedia" tab, which is also available for NYT subscribers. Anyway, access to this section just will cost you 99 cents for the first 4 weeks.
In addition, you can apply filter to all that sections (Top News/All sources). The app is set in a user-friendly interface and runs smooth. The only catch is the private content: we would prefer a paid version of the app with full access to all this features instead of a subscription. Anyway, one of the best Elections-related apps.
Tags: best 2012 , election day app smart phone , all digital
by Manu , Appszoom
Aug 21, 2012
The Election 2012 smartphone app from The New York Times is a one-stop destination for political news as it unfolds throughout the day. Get free access to the top six news stories or full access to all features with the NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps or All Digital Access subscription options.
The app’s all-new Top News section is specifically designed for following the 2012 election on your phone:
- The section is anchored by The Times’s world-class political coverage – including The Caucus blog and FiveThirtyEight – but it also brings in content from around the Web, handpicked exclusively for the app by a Times editor.
- News is grouped by topic for a quick overview of the day’s political headlines.
- The latest stories are highlighted with a red dot so you can see what’s new at a glance.
The Election Guide includes:
- Live election results and county-by-county maps
- Vote projections from Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight
- A database of polling results from a variety of organizations
- Candidate pages with updates, bios and statistics
- A primary calendar with in-depth information on each state
The app also offers:
- Editorials, op-eds and blog posts from The Times’s opinion pages
- Videos and slide shows from the campaign trail
This app works on Android smartphones running operating system version 2.2 or later.
The app is free to download and includes free access to the top six news stories. Once you download the app, you can choose to subscribe and get full access to all features. Existing subscribers to NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps or All Digital Access can simply log in to get full access to this app as part of their existing subscription.
For unlimited access to this smartphone app, subscribe for just 99¢ for your first 4 weeks.
Subscription options include:
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps
- All Digital Access (including the NYTimes news app for Android phones and tablets, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com)
Note: This Election 2012 app is NOT included with the NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps subscription. Your subscription will be renewed automatically, and you will be charged in advance of each billing cycle unless you cancel.
If you have any problems or have comments or suggestions for improving our app, please contact us at email@example.com,call 1-800-591-9233, or find us at @NYTimesMobile on Twitter and we will do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.