Taptu - DJ your News
by: Taptu • 25.2K
Taptu is basically a highly-configurable news feed reader. You can select the sources you want to be featured in the main dashboard at your whim. Actually, you can even add social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,...) to see at a glance latest posts in your timeline. You can add as many streams as you want since they're integrated into a vertical scrolling menu. You can add new streams by Featured, Topics (categories) or import them from you Google Reader account.
The best way to keep you updated in your social environment: tweet, post on Facebook, share, update status, read, comment... everything brought together in a single news app. You can add, edit, remove, change the font size, etc. Do it to your way.
The app is set in a well-crafted layout: preview thumbnails of every post in the streams, source logo in the Add menu (featured), scrolling streams and many other important features focused on the scenery. In addition, from settings you can change themes, hide title bar or even read articles, change sound effects, auto-refresh (or shake to refresh). In summary, we are talking about one of the greatest and highest-configurable social news feed reader on Google Play. You can even backup your streams configuration. We have to admit that Taptu has done a great job here.
This is a must-have for those social animals who spend the most of their time updating status, sharing, commenting, tweeting, retweeting and reading news.
This app was featured in one of our videoreviews. Watch it here.
Tags: taptu , test taptu , taptu 2.0 apk , taptu apk 2.0.0 , taptu dj your news apk , taptu eigene rss hinzufügen , taptu how to add rss , taptu notifications , taptu code
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Jan 23, 2013
Taptu is a social news reader that puts all your favorite stuff in one app.
Add your favorite web sites, blogs, and social networks like Facebook or
Twitter, and see them transformed into gorgeous visual streams.
Create highly personalised streams in the StreamStudio: Merge several news feeds into one stream, and rename and color-code
that stream. Turn on Taptu Magic to let Taptu learn what you like and tailor your
streams to your interests. Create customized keyword searches to keep you up to date on a
Read and reply to what your friends write on Facebook and Twitter.
Save articles to read them later using Instapaper, Pocket or Taptu's bookmarks.
Sync your streams across devices, platforms, and your browser at taptu.com.
TechCrunch: "The design itself is sleek and clean, allowing you to separate each stream...If you are a power reader or a news junkie, Taptu's app is the way to go. Not only does it allow you to access a large number of news sources (thousands), in an easy to read interface, but it allows you to personalize and customize your feeds"
Wired.com: "Taptu's secret sauce lets you mash up mixed streams...I didn't give up on it after some initial enthusiasm. I kept going back not only to read up on things but also to try things out that occurred to me randomly and to tinker with feeds"
A number of highly customizable widgets including scrollable Lists and Stacks, with custom update times and multiple backgrounds.
Find and add streams
* Add streams: Choose from a huge variety of featured topical streams in our StreamStore. It's all free.
* Find even more content using the search box and Bing RSS Search
* DJ your News: Mix & merge streams and color-code them to your liking. Add and remove sources from Taptu's topical streams or create custom Search Streams by filtering your streams with a keyword.
* Make your streams more interesting: Let Taptu learn what you're into from your reading habits so we can make your streams more relevant to you.
* Suppose you're into football but not tennis and you've added Taptu's sports stream. Taptu Magic will learn what articles you read and show you more football and less tennis.
* You can still add and remove sources from your streams, and you can always switch off Taptu Magic, so you're in control.
* Read your favorite social streams - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
* Share: Post articles and share streams to your friends.
* Post to, like, comment or re-tweet from your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn streams
Found a bug, got stuck, have a suggestion? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MyTaptu
Twitter - http://twitter.com/taptu
Web - https://www.taptu.com