by: BBC Worldwide (Ltd) • 304.5K
There are lots of apps that stream different news sources like readers. However, there are always some sources we rely most because we're used to them or maybe because we agree with their editorial line. If that is what happen to you regarding BBC News, keep reading.
BBC News is a news reader which only source is BBC. However, it streams BBC from different regions and categories: Sports, Health, Middle East, USA, Tech... You can choose what categories you want to highlight in the home. Each one of the rows is a category chosen by you. Thus, the home is made up by scrollable streams with articles sorted by latest. Just tap on the image to read them. It opens the article really fast.
There's no need to launch the browser: you can read the full article from the app. What's more, you can share articles by long-pressing on its preview (not really intuitive this way to share). You can also access videos and audio resources provided by BBC as well as send to BBC news reports (attaching phone number and location) if something noticeable is happening around you.
In a nutshell, BBC News brings to this app the most of the resources available in the web version. Reporting to the editorial team is an added-value feature. The only catch of this app is that it should enhance the sharing options.
Tags: ww bbc news , bbc news text video , bbc news 已停止 , bbc news font too small galaxy ace , bbc news app blank page , bangla tb news 4/2/2013 , cannot enlarge font in bbc news , bbc news app samsung font , cannot enlarge font on bbc news app on samsung galaxy ace
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Feb 21, 2012
The BBC News app brings you news from the BBC and our global network of journalists.
The app also offers the BBC World Service Radio streamed live, social features and personalisation so you can re-order the news categories to suit your interests.
Top Stories brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
My News is a feature allowing you to personalise your news offering.
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on your location, stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find content and topics that interest you using the Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Politics, Business, Entertainment and Health or search for your own subjects of interest whether they’re people, places, things or themes
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Popular. Keep on top of popular stories and videos from across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC World Service Radio, available in the Live tab, Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
- Push notifications for the latest important news stories
- My News Follow topics you are interested in and find them in the My News tab
- Video over 3G and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Urban Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service. You can choose to unsubscribe from BBC News push notifications in 'Settings'.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.