Better Launcher (KitKat based)
by: Better-Apps • 140
Better Launcher is a new home screen replacement app for Android 4.1+ . It's based from the Launcher app from Android 4.4 (code name KitKat), you can find the base version as "Google Now Launcher" in the play store, it supports all the functions of the home app in Android 4.4:
• Performance and stabilities optimizations from Android 4.4
• Dynamic home screen management (home screens are added/removed as they are needed)
• Homescreen interface enhancements from Android 4.4
Better Launcher added many enhancements, here are some highlights:
• Scrollable dock with up to 9 icons per page and up to 5 pages
• Enhanced performance and stabilities over the default launcher
• Tons of fun animations, effects and other eye candy
• Homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down, double tap)
• Theme engine compatible with many Launcher themes, including GO Launcher, Adw Launcher, Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, Holo Launcher etc
• Change folder preview, icon size, animation speed, and many other things that you won't be able to change with the default launcher
• Unread Counts
• Backup/restore settings and data
• Optimized for both phones and tablets
• Lots of other customization options!
Why use Better Launcher over the other launchers?
• It's has many bug fixes and performance/stabilities updates from Android 4.4
• It's lean and small in size
• Allow widgets in the dock
• It has better theme support, it loads most of the launcher themes on the play store with no problems
• It supports all of the Next Live Wallpapers
• This app is currently in Beta, everything is free to use, no restrictions.
• Make sure you check updates frequently, many bugs will be fixed as they are discovered. Many missing features that other launchers have will be added in the near future
• Better Launcher only use those permissions that it needs in order to work correctly. It does not and will never abuse these permissions.
• Access Widget Data: Needed to display widgets
• Internet/Network State/Wifi State: Anonymous error/usage reporting, update checks
• Directly call phone numbers: Only used if you place a direct-dial shortcut on the homescreen.
• Change Wallpaper/Vibrate/Status Bar: Standard Launcher functions
• USB (SD) Storage: Backup/restore