Bob Marley – it is a group of more than 30 beautiful high-resolution images for your phone and tablet.
This application contains only high quality images and allows you to set them on your background or download high-resolution image to your device.
- Only high-resolution images;
- Only the best, bright images;
- New pictures every week.
Please review this app - it will allow us to improve the app for you!
Things You Don’t Know About Bob Marley:
1. Bob’s father was a 50-year-old white British naval captain named Norval Sinclair Marley. Bob’s mom, a black country village girl named Cedella, was 19 when, in the small Jamaican village of Nine Mile in Saint Ann Parish, Bob was born at 2:30 in the morning on Feb. 6, 1945. Imagine how happy Cedella’s father was to discover his daughter had been sleeping with an old white man named Norval. Imagine how thrilled Norval’s family of racist colonialists was to learn the same thing.
2. Norval instructed Cedella to name the baby boy that was hers (and, he made clear, hers alone) Nesta Robert. So she did. “Robert” was the name of Norval’s brother.
3. Nobody knows to whom or what “Nesta” referred. Whatever its significance, it was important enough for Norval to make sure that Cedella spelled it right before he moved away.
4. A Jamaican immigration official suggested to Bob’s mom that “Nesta” sounded too much like a girl’s name. So they switched his name to Robert Nesta Marley.
5. “Tuff Gong,” the name of Bob’s recording label, was a nickname Bob earned for himself in the Kingston ghetto of Trenchtown (so named because it was built over an old drainage trench) for being exactly the wrong guy to screw with. Ever.
6. Nobody really knows what the word “reggae” means, or how it originated.
7. Bob’s mother had a child by Bunny Wailer’s dad when they were all living together in Trenchtown. That’s how close Bob and Bunny were.
8. Bunny Livingston (a.k.a. Bunny Wailer)’s given name is Neville O’Riley Livingston. (One of the original members of Bob Marley and the Wailers, Bunny was Bob’s brilliant percussionist, and a splendid back-up and lead singer.)
9. When Bob discovered that the reason he was still poor after being so famous for so long was that his long-time manager and friend Don Taylor had been robbing him blind, Bob beat Don to within an inch of his life. Then he fired him.
10. For a long time Bob drove a BMW—which, as far as he was concerned, stood for Bob Marley and the Wailers.
11. Bob was a professional level soccer player. Played a wicked game of ping-pong, too.
12. Bob died of cancer (brain, liver, stomach, lungs) on May 11, 1981. He was thirty-six years old. In one day, 40,000 people filed past his coffin as his body lay in state in Jamaica’s National Arena. And that’s just the number of people who got inside.
13. One of Bob’s most popular songs, “No Woman, No Cry,” is today sung as a lullaby to babies all over the world.
These pictures are high resolution (HD Wallpapers) look great on android devices with any screen resolution (480x854, 960x540, 1280x720, 480x800, 1280x800, 480x320).
Tags: bob marley hd wallpapers , bob marley mobile wallpaper hd