FTL Launcher Pro
by: Lowveld • 239
FTL Launcher will be a great discovery for those who don't want to rack their brains with customization and millions of settings and what they're looking for is a fast and light launcher. Of course, don't expect to find here lots of themes, icons, effects and all that stuff that other launchers include. This is a naked launcher able to reach the speed of light and sound.
FTL is based on Gingerbread Launcher2 (it really looks like it, including 3D Cube app drawer). It has been tweaked for extreme speed regarding launching and scrolling app drawer, swiping screens and launching apps. Its performance is impressive. However, its preferences lack of lots of important options. It just allows you to set infinite looping of homescreens, auto-rotation, enable/disable scrollable widgets and dock background. What's more, it allows to set maximum 5 screens in the Lite version (up to 9 in the paid version).
Precisely this is one of its catches: this launcher is basically paid ($1.99). Although the Lite version let's you trial its performance, the basic options are available only in the paid version. The other flaw is that it only supports HDPI WVGA (480x800) devices.
Besides these catches, we recommend you to give it a go since its smoothness is actually noticeable.
Tags: ftl launcher pro , ftl launcher , ftl launcher 1.0.6 , ftl launcher lite , ftl launcher themes , скачать ftl launcher , lightest launcher 2013 , ftl , lightest launcher
by Manu , Appszoom
Feb 14, 2012
The Faster Than Light Launcher, Pro Edition
Make no mistake, this is the fastest launcher you'll ever run. Small, light, configurable. The Gingerbread launcher as it should have been. No useless stuff, no compromises. Performance and usability are the driving forces here.
On version 3.0 Pro users have a all new game to play now: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming. You can even mix Dock and Icon themes from different launchers. Google Play is yours for the take.
And of course you still have the other extras: configurable homsecreen grid from 4x4 to 6x6, resizeable widgets, and, never seen in any launcher: control over core Android window animation speed.
Important: FTL supports all resolutions and ICS, but only 800x480, 854x480, 960x540 and 480x320 devices have 3D drawer enabled! Also ICS has no 3D drawer because it does not contain the "old" opengl interface. But as it is natively accelerated anyway, 2D drawer should be very fast.
- Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
- Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
- Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
- Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
- Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
- Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
- Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9 with configurable default homescreen
- Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
- Configurable Dock icons size
- Configurable "swipe down" and "swipe down" independently to any of the following:
*show homescreen previews
*open app drawer
*hide status bar
*show and hide status bar
*open and close dock bar
- Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed
- Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
- Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
- Configurable support for scrollable widgets
- Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
- Configurable wallpaper scrolling
- Configurable transition speed of homescreens
- On first boot, homescreens will be empty. Long-press anywhere and start adding stuff!
- You can add/change the shortcuts on the dock bar: Long-press the place you want, and wait for the a popup to show, allowing you to choose what activity you want there.
- You can uninstall apps directly from the homescreen: long press the shortcut (even in the app drawer), drag it to the trash can that appears where the dock was. If you drop it immediately FTL will only remove the shortcut, but if you wait a bit before droping, FTL will offer to uninstall the app.
Try it, you won't regret it!