Camera (CMFix) for Cyanogenmod
by: Bill Bennett • 5.1K
Note: some are reporting this does not work with CM12.
Got Cyanogenmod on your phone, but getting camera errors? Seeing "Can't connect to the camera", and hate rebooting your phone? This will get you back on track :)
It's basically an app to open the well-known "Restart Camera" app followed by the camera itself, in one smooth motion, ensuring that the camera is always ready to go without any fuss.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU CAN'T GET IT TO OPEN, CHECK YOU HAVE FOLLOWED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!
Important Instructions: (follow these or it won't work!)
1. Install this app.
2. Allow apps from unknown sources in your phones Settings>Security menu.
3. Download and install Restart Camera from the underneath the first post at http://tinyurl.com/y8b58bjh.
4. To use this app, just open it, but first time you use it, you will be asked for Superuser permissions. Select "allow every time" and "remember this choice forever".
5. Now, you can replace any camera shortcuts with a shortcut to this app on your homescreen if you want quicker access to your camera!
6. You'll also have the app "Restart Camera" in your menu, but it can be safely ignored, so long as you leave it installed.
(Note, the superuser permission is actually being requested by Restart Camera, not this app. It's what allows the resetting of the camera drivers to make it work.)
*Uses "restart_camera.apk" by @temasek on XDA-Developers.
*App created with Tasker (http://tasker.dinglisch.net).
*This app is nothing to do with the above people or with Cyanogenmod or Cyanogen, Inc.
*And yes, technically it's a "workaround" not a "fix", but "Camera (CMWorkaround)" was too long for a homescreen app shortcut ;-)