by: sylde.net • 636
When we start Moon Path we're welcomed by a precise initial tutorial to introduce its many features. Of course, if you just want to see how it works you can skip it at any time.
As it's a VR app, it works along side GPS and your device camera, showing where the moon should be and what has been and what will be its predictable path through the sky. We can play with the time sliders and the calendar to see past events or predict future night orbits. When needed, we can take a screenshot with a timestamp, add the data to our agenda or pinpoint the location in Google Maps. This way, it's easy to plan a candlelight dinner with views to the full moon or prepare your tripod and reflex camera to get that dream pic of that bridge while the crescent moon seems to rise from the river. These are just a couple of ideas we've gotten reviewing the app, but it's for sure that you can come up with better projects.
Everything runs smoothly, UI is great and features are very interesting. Good job, Sylde dot net.
This app is the little sister of Sun Path, which is by far more useful as you can read at its own review. Anyway, in a nutshell, a nice app for romantic people and night photographers, or if you want to download a free yet well thought curiosity.
Tags: moon , moom path. , moon path , photograph moon path , moon path calculator , moon sylde , moon traject , moon trajectory , moon trajectory net
by Peter , Appszoom
Nov 09, 2011
http://MoonTrajectory.net enables you to predict the moon path and its phase, simply looking through your phone.
This is a 100% free augmented reality app: no ads, no in app payments!
Find moonrise and moonset times, not only on the horizon, but also depending on a building or a mountain.
You can even predict where the moon will be... if reflected in water!
Caution: some phones don't handle correctly gyroscopic sensors. Should you notice any innaccurate display, try deactivating gyros into application menu/settings.
http://MoonTrajectory.net in the press:
100BestAndroidApps . "Positively awesome."
AppsZoom . "UI is great and features are very interesting."
zAugmentedReality . "Cool app."
If you have a question, if you wish for an improvment or if you have trouble running the application on your phone, please contact sylde.net:
http://MoonTrajectory.net allows you to display the future trajectories of the moon in augmented reality:
* Look through your phone and see the path of the moon.
* Find out if the moon will be full or what phase it will be in.
* Plan the moonrise and moonset times, not only on the horizon, but also on a building or a relief.
* Travel in time and see what path the moon will follow in the months to come.
* Take and save photos.
* Check afterwards the different trajectories of the moon for a whole year.
* Plan to include the moon in your pictures, whether by day or night.
* Plan when a subject (like a statue for instance) will be aligned with the moon.
* Use the calendar of the moon phases.
* Use the agenda to plan your future pictures.
* This way, you will know when to return to the site to take your picture to the maximum effect.
* Use Google Maps to pinpoint its exact location.