Good Night, Android!
by: Johannes B. • 43
Tired of pressing 7 toggles everytime you go to sleep and again when you wake up??
- Widget to toggle day/night mode, which let’s you set & reset
- a radio profile (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, data, airplane mode*, GPS**, 2G/3G**)
- phone settings (sound & vibration, sync, wallpaper, screen rotation, brightness**)
- Set your alarm clock (supports most alarm clock apps)
- Different alarm times for every day in the week
- Support for CyanogenMod ProfileManager !!!
- Add launcher shortcuts for CyanogenMod Profiles!!!
- Powernap function during the day
- Lock the screen
- Automatic schedule for day/night
- Customized messages & notification for going to sleep & waking up
- Haptic feedback
- Includes an extension for the DashClock widget
- Switch between dark & light app theme
* requires root on Android 4.2 devices
** requires root permissions
Supported 3rd party apps:
- DashClock: The app come with a DashClock Plugin. This requires the DashClock Widget app.
- Greenify: stops background apps
- Screen filter: dims your screen
- Yatse XBMC Remote: Shut down your HTPC (media PC), also supports WakeOnLAN
- Shortcuts: This app can start (launcher-)shortcuts of other apps
The app offers high functionality, helps you to save battery and time.
It does not run in the background during night!
You can use either the widget or the launcher shortcut to toggle day/night mode. Please note that ONE OF THEM (WIDGET/SHORTCUT) IS REQUIRED FOR THE APP TO DO ANYTHING before rating bad. Instructions how to install the widget or the shortcut can be found in the app (info-tab).
Creative ways to trigger day/night:
As a gesture in a launcher (e.g. double tap, possible in nova launcher prime and others)
As a shortcut on your lockscreen (Not possible on all phones, depends on model & software)
Via DashClock Widget (Extension included in the app)
Via Notificationbar tile (only for Cyanogenmod devices)
On certain events (certain location, ..... requires tasker or similar app)
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
Please disable lock screen option before uninstalling (to disable device admin)
Permissions are required for
Write Settings - Airplane mode
Write Secure Settings - Airplane mode in Android 4.2
Device Admin - lock screen
Set alarms – schedule day/night
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE for mobile data connection
CHANGE_NETWORK_MODE 2G/3G toggle
READ & WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS - (De)activate Auto-Sync
If you have troubles with the app please contact me before rating low. I don't have all devices to test but I will give my best to solve your problems ASAP!
You have Feature suggestions or want to help me translate this app to your language?
Please contact me at email@example.com
xda Developers Thread:
Special thanks to
Murat Emre KÖSE for providing and updating the Turkish translation
Tags: flugmodus 4.2 , nachtmodus , 4.2 flugmodus , 4.2 flugzeugmodus automatisch , einstellungen , flugmodus , 4.2 alarm silent , 4.2 flugzeugmodus , wecker flugmodus version 4.2
by Michael H. Martel
Jan 07, 2013 | "Awesome"
I've been using Good Night, Android for a while now. New features keep getting added. The latest version (2.7 at this time) supports disabling Bluetooth and Mobile Data as well as Wifi, Sound, Vibration, and Airplane mode. When I've contacted the developer for stupid user issues (me!) he has responded quickly and been more than willing to help. One of my must have apps.
by Rob Thorley
Jan 05, 2013 | "Awesome"
I had some problems with this app initially and the support provided was brilliant. I love the way this is so configurable. Recommended.
by Christopher LeBlanc
Dec 02, 2012 | "Awesome"
Latest v2.4 is perfect for overnight power savings!