by: Klaus Weidner • 38.7K
Hacker's Keyboard is the perfect keyboard for everyone who isn't satisfied with the default. Hacker's Keyboard gives us an endless amount of options to personalize the keyboard so it looks more like the one we're all used to: the one we use with our computers. Personalize the template and change the language, add more key rows, arrows, direct access, more symbols...the choice is ours.
It's the perfect keyboard for those who are dedicated to computer sciences or programming. It gives you an easy way to access all the options found on a traditional keyboard. Programming is no longer limited to the desktop.
The interface design isn't very pretty, but function is over form in the case of this indispensible app for techies and programmers.
Tags: hackers keyboard safe , is hackers keyboard safe , hackers keyboard , hackers keyboard safe? , hacker’s keyboard , hacker keyboard , is hackers keyboard safe? , is hacker keyboard safe , hacker keyboard safety
by Ana , Appszoom
Sep 22, 2015
Are you missing the key layout you're used to from your computer? This keyboard has separate number keys, punctuation in the usual places, and arrow keys. It is based on the AOSP Gingerbread soft keyboard, so it supports multitouch for the modifier keys.
This keyboard is especially useful if you use ConnectBot for SSH access. It provides working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys, and the arrow keys are essential for devices that don't have a trackball or D-Pad.
HAVE FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, OR BUG REPORTS? Please check https://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions or email me. It's difficult to track issues reported through review comments.
Completion dictionaries are provided by plug-in packages, see the "other applications by this developer" section for the currently available list. The keyboard also supports use of dictionaries (but not keyboard layouts) provided by AnySoftKeyboard language packs.
For more information, please see the documentation:
In case an updated version is not working for you, you can download older releases here:
Known issues include:
- Localization for the keyboard layout is incomplete, currently the Spanish, Finnish, Lao, Romanian, and Thai are only localized in 4-row mode and show the English QWERTY layout in 5-row mode.
- Some languages and layouts may not be usable on your phone if it lacks the necessary fonts.
- Right-to-left languages (Arabic, Hebrew) are apparently not fully supported on pre-Honeycomb devices. Your mileage may vary.
- Many applications don't react to additional keys since they aren't programmed to handle them.
The supported keyboard layouts include:
- Armenian (Հայերեն)
- Arabic (العربية)
- Bulgarian (български език)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (dansk)
- English Dvorak (language "en_DV")
- English (QWERTY)
- English/British (en_GB)
- Finnish (Suomi)
- French (Français, AZERTY)
- German (Deutsch, QWERTZ)
- Greek (ελληνικά)
- Hebrew (עברית)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Lao (ພາສາລາວ)
- Norwegian (Norsk bokmål)
- Persian (فارسی)
- Portugese (Português)
- Romanian (Română)
- Russian (Русский)
- Russian phonetic (Русский, ru-rPH)
- Serbian (Српски)
- Slovak (Slovenčina)
- Slovenian (Slovenščina)/Bosnian/Croatian/Latin Serbian
- Spanish (Español, Español Latinoamérica)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Tamil (தமிழ்)
- Thai (ไทย)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (українська мова)