by: Aspiring Investments Corp • 0
Keep your home inventory information cost effectively in a realistic manner with the Home Inventory App.
This simple app helps you keep a track of the inventory information including but not limited to category, description, purchase date and place, model and serial number, price, warranty, current condition and value. The inventory is classified on the basis of where it located at the house, and the total estimated value of all the items in that location is added.
Further, the opening page of the app lets you enter PERSONAL details as well as that of the INSURANCE company provider along with the TOTAL ESTIMATED VALUE of all the inventory available at all the locations. Ability to add detail notes has been provided on all the sheets helping you capture details on planning and maintenance of the inventory. If you need a monthly maintenance checklist keeping a track of the last service date and the next service date, we recommend you to buy our HOME MAINTENANCE app. That app helps you maintain your home and plan maintenance on a monthly, yearly and quarterly basis. This might help you towards being an effective and a realistic planner.
How to collaborate your information keeping activities with the app?
- Start with adding basic personal information and that of the insurance company provider. Sections for adding details like company name, agent name, phone and policy number have been included. The total estimated value is automatically calculated for you by adding the total estimated value of the inventories available at all the locations. Some users like to purchase their home inventories in bulk, and like to keep notes on purchase dates and price. Notes for entering this information has been included too.
- Enter the location names of your house in the sheets from "Location1" to "Location9". The inventories have been grouped according to where they are located at the house. This helps in finding them and taking pics of your property on the basis of location. We believe this would make working with your insurance company go a lot more smoother. We'll discuss how you should store inventory information in the "Recommended" section.
- Enter the inventory details at a particular location sheet according to "Category" field. Category field can be like Electronics, Furniture, Bedding, Power Appliances. Keeping the information in that manner helps in the long run.
- Fill in the details for the inventory item like description, purchase date and place, model and serial number, price, condition, value, warranty, model and serial number.
- You could use the sharing capabilities like email and print to do things collaboratively, which leads to family unity and personal satisfaction.
- Taking photos of your property for your home inventory will make working with your insurance company go a lot more smoother. You might even want to do a walk-through video with a good digital camera or a video recorder. Record a quick video clip of each room in your home, and store the video clips and digital photos on a flash drive with your inventory.
- When you have completed entering information of your home inventory, you should store a paper and a digital copy in a secure location outside of your home and/or in a fireproof safe. A safety deposit box or a even a locked drawer in your office would probably work for an off-site location.
- If you are the owner of multiple houses or a house with more than 9 locations, you could enter information of your inventory for more locations as separate files under one single umbrella app - Home Inventory App. Emotionally, this would help you avoid confusion between personal needs and wants.
We hope you enjoy our simple app. We are learning how to be more user friendly, and would like to hear your comments.
Tags: asset panda