HP Smart (Printer Remote)
by: HP Inc. • 80.3K
This printer app lets you manage the functions of your HP All-in-One printer. To ensure compatibility, make sure the printer says ePrint. The app only works over Wi-Fi and will not work when out of network range. But from the HP app, you can check the printer status, check the ink and toner levels, and get your cartridge information. You can scan documents with your phone's camera, create .pdf files, and either email or print them.
The printer app is easy to use and the functions are easy to find. It easily finds the printer on the network and lets you scan documents from your phone.
The app only works over Wi-Fi, so it's limited to your living space. It does not automatically save documents after you scan them, which would be really nice. Also, you can't designate which tray to print from.
Tags: hp all in one remote , hp printer control , hp smart , hp print plugin for kindle fire , connecting kindle fire to hp 6520 wireless printer , free apps for kindle fire for hp printer , hp smart scanner , hp all all in one remote , allinone printer remote
Apr 15, 2015
HP Smart (formerly known as HP All-in-One Printer Remote) helps you to set up, scan, print, share, and manage your HP printer. You can share documents and images through email, text messages, and popular cloud and social media services (such as iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Facebook). You can also set up new HP printers, as well as monitor and order supplies.
• Create high-quality JPEGs and PDFs of your images and documents—either with the scanner on your printer (if available) or the camera on your mobile device using this app’s intelligent mobile scanning feature (including automatic deskewing, image enhancements, and unwanted background cropping).
• Use this app to automatically detect if you can print using your phone, and then set up your mobile device for printing images, PDF documents, and more with HP Print Service Plug-In.
• Print images and PDF documents, using HP printers on your Wi-Fi network or connected using Wi-Fi Direct.
• Share your images and documents through email, cloud storage services (including Dropbox, Box, Evernote, and Google Drive), and social media sites (like Facebook and Instagram).
• Using this app, set up new HP printers and help get your existing HP printers connected to your Wi-Fi network.
• Easily check your supplies status and order supplies for your printer while also receiving special promotions from HP.
• Get help and tips for solving problems you might have using your printer.
• Change printer settings and perform maintenance tasks.
HP printers from 2010 or later, including many HP DeskJet, HP Envy, HP OfficeJet, HP OfficeJet Pro All-in-Ones—as well as many HP Designjets, PageWide, and HP LaserJet MFPs. Both printers on local Wi-Fi network and printers that are set to Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct printing mode are supported.
Tip: For a full list supported printers, visit: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03722645?openCLC=true