by: LuckyDroid • 18.4K
Due to the amount of features Memento Database comes packed with, it can be used equally for pro and amateurs. Databases are the best way to keep track of your purchases, recipes, belongings or any item susceptible to be listed. However, the keystone of taking the time to keep your stuff in databases is the easiness to search and find any item just by simple queries.
Memento Database offers 15 library templates made by users (including DVD collection, purchases, books, recipes, home inventory... and many more). Obviously, you can also create your custom libraries to adapt it to your specific needs. You can decide what fields to include in your database (up to 19 types of field: text, integer, rating, date/time...), and add as many entries as you want. In fact, it isn't all about text: you can add create entries using barcode scanner and add images retrieved from Google Products. You can even set reminders for those entries that require them (GTD-like libraries). Once library's added, you can start searching any library and item from the lists or by inputting a keyword in the search tool.
One of the most powerful features of Memento Database is exporting/importing: libraries can be synced with Google Docs, data can be exported/imported from CSV files and entries can be sent via SMS, e-mail and other sharing resources. In addition, any data stored in the app can be backed up and restored when you need it.
In a nutshell, Memento Database is a comprehensive database management tool that can makes things a lot easier for people who want to organize their stuff in a more efficient way. Recommended.
Tags: momento , memento , momento database , memento database , memento droid , memento intents , memento db , memento database tutorial , memento server
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Oct 14, 2013
Memento Database is a complex, easy-to-use and customizable solution for database management. Memento lets you and your team manage any information easily and effectively.
Unlike other database management tools, Memento Database provides powerful functionality packed into simple user interface that makes it useful both for experienced users and the ones who solve casual problems.
• Storing entries with custom fields.
• Performing Data analysis, including aggregation, charting, sorting, grouping, and filtering entries by any fields.
• Displaying data in the form of a list, a set of cards, a table, on a map, or in a calendar.
• Synchronization with Google Sheets.
• Cloud storage and Teamwork, by providing access to libraries to other users.
• Offline data entry.
• Access to data from several Android devices and from laptop and desktop computers; users can work with the same libraries on their phones, tablets, and PCs.
• Building the data collection form.
• One-to-many, one-to-one, and many-to-many relationships between libraries.
• Importing and exporting CSV files, permitting interoperation with popular programs like Microsoft Excel, Filemaker.
• Populating database entries at the touch of a button with data from Web services and other sources.
• Scripting (triggers , scripted data source).
• Password protection (encrypt entries using AES-128).
• Charts — Pie, Line, Bar, Columns, Area, Scatter, Stepped Area.
• Aggregation: sum, maximum, minimum, average.
• Sending entries via SMS, e-mail, and other available services.
• Searching entries in database by barcode.
• Online catalog of database templates -- thousands of templates available.
TARGET USERS & USE CASES
• the casual, perhaps single-library user who just wants to throw up a grocery list, collections or recipe repository.
• the intermediate user who might want to have some related libraries tracking some activities.
• the power user who might be pushing the boundaries in certain areas, like scripting, complex data structure, retail or barcode solutions, media solutions, inventory, product catalogs, charting, or others.
• the organizational / business user who might need teamwork collaboration, cross-platform compatibility, cloud storage & coordination, offline data collection and others.
Memento's online catalog of user templates contains thousands of predefined, ready-to-use libraries to use directly or serve as a starting place. It also gives users the opportunity to familiarize themselves with a large number of ways to use Memento to provide solutions.
Elements of a user's database — libraries (tables) and associated files — may be synchronized across devices via an available cloud service.
Database also may be synchronized with Google Sheets to enable the user's data to be manipulated or analyzed by either tool, as needed.
Import/export from/to CSV-files enables coordinated use with external applications, like Excel.
All data can be stored in the Memento Cloud. All such records, photos, and files are synchronized automatically between the cloud and local copies on Android devices. Users can provide access to their data to other users, enabling teamwork use.
• Database - a general term for an organized set of data, gathered and organized for a purpose, generally comprising multiple libraries.
• Library - a container for entries (records, rows) of fielded data , equivalent of a spreadsheet.
• Field - a data structure for a single piece of data, equivalent of a spreadsheet column.
Desktop version can be downloaded here: http://mementodatabase.com/#desktop