by: MicroStrategy Incorporated • 199
MicroStrategy Badge creates a mobile identity on your smartphone that replaces dated access control tools like keycards, passwords, and security tokens with a unified digital credential. The digital badge lets users unlock all key business assets with a one-tap or zero-tap experience—without sacrificing enterprise security. In addition to providing advanced authentication and access management with time, location, and biometric-based options, MicroStrategy Badge also generates critical telemetry that powers market-leading business intelligence and analytics that can be used to enhance security, streamline compliance, and improve employee, vendor, and partner engagement.
Open doors in offices, hotel rooms, parking garages, cars
• Tap a digital key on your phone or tablet.
• Scan a QR code or tap a NFC tag displayed next to an entry point.
• Use Bluetooth badge readers to authenticate users as they approach with their Bluetooth-enabled mobile device.
• Deploy beacons near physical entryways to authenticate users who are within range.
• Employ GPS, Bluetooth, and biometric features.
• Quickly and cost-effectively modernize facilities access while leveraging existing enterprise physical access control systems.
Log in to desktop applications, web apps, and VPNs
• Scan a QR code displayed on screen.
• Receive a push notification or one-time passcode on your phone or tablet.
• Use Bluetooth to log in to apps on paired browsers based on proximity.
• Leverage preconfigured out-of-the-box gateways for a variety of popular applications, including Salesforce, Dropbox, Office 365, Google Apps, and GoToMeeting.
• Supports industry standards including SAML, OAuth, OIDC, and Kerberos, and includes Open APIs to enable partners and customers to support any system.
Implement multifactor authentication with a variety of methods
• Something you have—scan QR code, tap NFC tag, use a digital key, react to push notification, or interaction via proximity to Bluetooth or beacons.
• Something you know—verification of personal identification number (PIN) or passcode.
• Something you are—use fingerprint or facial recognition biometric authentication.
• Geo-fencing can be used to restrict access based on location.
• Day/time fencing can be used to restrict access based on day of the week or hours of the day.
Gain faster, more convenient access
• Open gates and doors using Bluetooth proximity, for truly hands-free access.
• Add frequently used digital keys to Favorites for quick access.
Validate identity remotely or in person
• Time-limited codes can be used to validate identity over the phone.
• Code can be displayed as a QR code that other users can simply scan to validate identity.
Receive and respond to communications over the MicroStrategy Identity network
• Receive alerts about incoming Communicator messages.
• Use the in-app Inbox to access previously received messages.
• Easily respond to Communicator messages.
(Sending Communicator messages requires the MicroStrategy Communicator app and appropriate permissions.)
Generate critical identity intelligence
• Gain a single view of a user’s interaction with the enterprise—physical, logical, and location data is all in one place.
• Obtain insights about user behavior, resource utilization, access data, and other user activity.
• Identity Analytics brings data to life with interactive graphs and advanced visualizations (requires MicroStrategy Identity Analytics license).
• Analyze business processes, improve security, and optimize performance with identity intelligence.