by: Sergej Shafarenka • 953
With the same spirit as Quick Battery, Sergej Shafarenka developed and has kept updated Quicker, the paid version of Quick Settings. It's one of those simple apps that tries to make our life easier by having the most important sliders and switchers together.
With just a couple of taps you can change your volume, wifi and GPS settings. Well, you're probably thinking to yourself that your phone can already do that without any third party app, and it'd be true. Quick settings just try to save you some taps or the trouble to look for wherever every option could be. To launch the app, long-press the search button or look for a shortcut in your status bar. Quick Settings is customizable through the Menu button if you need to add more options.
In addition to these and those features included in Quick Settings, Quicker allows to add up to three scrollable screens for your settings and some storage and battery status info. Useful if you have to play around with your device all day long.
If you want to test the essential features of Quicker, you can check Quick Settings for free before.
Tags: quicker , quicker v1.9.4 , quicker apk , quicker 1.6.1 apk sergej shafarenka , quicker v1.8.1 apk , quicker v1.6.3 , quicker settings hotspot , quicker sergej shafarenka , quicker sergej apk 1.6.1
by Peter , Appszoom
Aug 08, 2011
Quicker lets you put frequently used settings and shortcuts into a single place and access them from there quickly. It extends standard stock settings with better volume and brightness controls, as well as free memory indicators. Built in screen and LED flashlight make it even more useful.
Join our Google+ community: http://goo.gl/QGiMg
- Brightness (w/ Screen Dimmer for convenient usage of the phone in the darkness)
- Ringer mode
- Volume streams
- Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot*
- Mobile Data**
- Call settings
- Screen timeout
- Airplane mode
- Auto rotation
- Screen lock pattern
- Free memory (internal, external)
- App cache
- Digital clock
- System shortcuts
- Application shortcuts
- Flashlight (screen and LED)***
- Battery indicator in status bar
- Settings backup (configure once and restore at any time later)
- Quick launch via status bar shortcut or by long-pressing hardware "search" button
Quicker uses following permissions:
- "Storage" for backup / restore feature
- "GPS location" for switching GPS on/off (see **)
- "Take picture & video" for LED flashlight
- "Directly call" for the shortcut widget when you adding a direct call shortcut
- "Reading log data" for being able to report issues
- "System tools" permissions for changing various system settings
Quicker uses these permissions for the purposes listed above only.
*) Not available for some Android version and phones
**) Direct switch is available for some Android versions and phones
***) LED flashlight might not be compatible to some phones
- Can Quicker launch after phone restart? Yes, just install it to the phone memory (not SD card)
- Why Brightness switch does not work? If you have a SwipePad running, then it can interfere with this function on Android 4.0 or higher devices.
NOTE 1: Although Quicker does its best to switch Mobile Data, GPS and WiFi Hotspot with a single click, there are devices / Android versions where these settings cannot be switched directly. In such cases shortcuts to stock settings are available only.
Why no direct switch? Because Android security model does not allow installed applications to change secure system parameters. This is done to protect users from malicious application that can misuse those parameters otherwise.