by: Rob J • 381
Send anything from your phone to anyone on your contact list.
As seen on PC Mag, Android Police, Phone Arena, Everything Android, the Guardian, Addictive Tips and more..
How does it work?
1 - You press the share button in any app for anything
2 - You choose the recipient from your contact list
3 - Enter a brief message and press send. It's that simple.
How does it really work?
When you press send, Send It takes what you want to send, uploads it to the cloud and sends the recipient an SMS with your message and link to it. They will recieve something like the following:
'Have you seen this omg it's sooo funny
Sent via Send It'
What if I don't have SMS?
No problem. Instead of choosing a contact select 'Copy to Clipboard'. You can then share the link however you like.
We have you covered. Send It PRO supports sending directly from your Google Voice number.
Why Send It?
- More flexible than Whatsapp
- Picture messaging (MMS) is expensive
- Ad free
- Secure - it uses your own cloud storage
- Send multiple files at once
Google Drive is the default. If you prefer something else Dropbox, SkyDrive and Box are all also supported.
- Unlimited file size (Free is limited to 10mb)
- Send directly from your Google Voice number
- Send to multiple recipients at once
- Send files to other apps (Including Facebook, Twitter & Whatsapp)
Issue or Question?
Click 'Email Developer' and let me know, I'll get back to you ASAP
Try it out, it's free :-)
- On some phones Google Drive links give random files names such as 0sfgdf5g1sd23f15sdfsd.jpeg (The other cloud services do not have this issue)
- Google Drive doesn't have a progress bar (Other cloud services do)
- AOKP roms are not officially supported
Send It can only access the files it uploads to your Google Drive. Anything else you have on there it CANNOT see or access (Stated clearly when it asks for your permission)
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - To check for internet connectivity
GET_ACCOUNTS - To display the list of accounts that can be used with Send It
INTERNET - For obvious reasons :-)
READ_CONTACTS - To display the contact list
SEND_SMS - For obvious reasons :-)
READ_SMS & WRITE_SMS - Both permissions are required to display the sent message in your sms app
VIBRATE - To vibrate when file has been sent successfully