ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries
by: ABBYY • 10.4K
ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries is a useful application for Android that lets you look up everything you need in the electronic versions of the world's most popular dictionaries and translators.
Once you've purchased this app you will have access to 58 basic dictionaries. If you're willing to pay more, you can purchase more than 200 extra ones for 20 languages. After you've successfully installed the dictionaries, you can start typing the words you want to translate and selecting the dictionary that you want to use. The result will provide the pronunciation sound file, the fully translation, synonyms, transcriptions and some examples, depending on the type of dictionary.
With a clean design and a simple and useful user interface, ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries is a simple tool for looking up words and learning the basic notions of a language easily. Just a small note: given than you can also use the internet to translate the words, we think that maybe the developers, ABBYY Software House, should consider lowering the prize or offering some of the basic dictionaries for free.
Tags: abbyy textgrabber translator offline languages , abbyy lingvo dictionaries , abbyy lingvo hypertext , abbyy lingvo , ket , abbyy lingvo offline , abbyy lingvo dictionaries 1.0. , lingvo , lingvo paid dictionarys
by Ana , Appszoom
Jan 05, 2012
ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries offers a fast and easy way to access dictionary content for a variety of languages. You can create your own custom dictionary sets selecting from a wide range of general translation dictionaries, explanatory, idiomatic, and also various subject dictionaries.
ABBYY Lingvo do not require Internet connection. The dictionary will be an indispensable tool when traveling, at work or school. It provides a reliable translation and exhaustive interpretation at any time, simply by using a mobile device.
Access to 11 basic dictionaries for 7 languages included! Download them after installation right from within the app! Over 200 additional premium dictionaries are available for In-App Purchase.
Electronic versions of dictionaries from the world’s leading publishers, including Macmillan, Compact Verlag and dictionaries compiled by ABBYY lexicographers. You can be confident in your translations.
• Live-translation - aim the pointer at a word which is not clear and tap anywhere on the screen for translation (not supported for Chinese and Kazakh)
• Photo translation function – translation of words from the photo taken with smartphone built-in camera (not supported for Chinese and Kazakh)
• More than 200 dictionaries for 20 languages in one in-app touch
• Dictionary entries contain detailed information about words, including translation alternatives, word usage examples, phonetic transcriptions, inflected forms of words
• All available dictionaries can be used as one. Merged list of headwords allows consultation all dictionaries simultaneously. If a word is found in many dictionaries, all relevant entries are displayed in a single window
• Hypertext - instant translation of any word found in the dictionary entries with just a single tap
• Native audio pronunciations for most common words (in some dictionaries)
• Spelling suggestions for mistyped words
• Search history
Once you buy ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries, you have access to the basic set of 11 general dictionaries for the following language combinations (download required):
• Russian <> English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
• Latin > Russian
There are also over 200 additional dictionaries available for purchase directly from within the application. Accurate translations, phonetic transcriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, examples of use and word forms are available for the following language combinations:
• English <> French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
• German <> French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
• Russian <> Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Kazakh, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Tatar, Turkish, Ukrainian
• Ukrainian <> English, Polish, Russian
• Monolingual English, German, Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian dictionaries.
For a complete list of dictionaries with detailed descriptions, visit our website at www.abbyy.com/lingvo_android/dictionaries/
With the new dictionary API, ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries can now be integrated into other applications for Android to enhance them with powerful word translation function and advanced dictionary support.
More at developers.lingvolive.com