Burton's Legal Thesaurus
by: MobiSystems • 26
THE FIRST AND MOST COMPREHENSIVE LEGAL THESAURUS EVER PUBLISHED
Updated with 1,000 essential new terms--from "whistleblower" to "bailout" The first book of its kind when it was originally published in 1980, Burton's Legal Thesaurus has become a staple for everyone in the legal profession. Addressing the newest concepts before the nation's highest courts, the fifth edition celebrates 35 years of this one-of-a-kind law reference tool. With 11,000 critical-to-know legal terms, synonyms, definitions, and parts of speech, Burton's is essential for:
• Partners, associates, attorneys, and judges, who will appreciate the timeliness of the 1,000-plus new entries
• Law school students seeking to use a more specific word or recall a forgotten word
• Journalists and scholars looking for the right word to fit the thought
William C. Burton, Esq., is an attorney and partner in the law firm of SagatBurton LLP. He is a former New York State Assistant Attorney General and a former New York State Assistant Special Prosecutor. He is also founder of the Burton Awards for Legal Achievement. The first edition of his Legal Thesaurus was named one of the "Most Creative and Innovative Projects of the Year" by the Association of American Publishers. Burton has been awarded the Blackstone Award by the Friends of the Law Library of Congress for "embodying and promoting the best ideals of the institution."
NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Use our Voice search when you don't know how an entry is spelled
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use the dictionary simultaneously with other apps.
***This is a fully functional trial version***
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Burton's Legal Thesaurus:
• Permanently unlock the complete features list
• Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues
Tags: burton legal thesaurus pdf