Collins Essential English Dictionary
by: MobiSystems • 275
The Collins English Dictionary is a rich source of words for everyone who loves language. Not only is the dictionary comprehensive and authoritative with its 123,000 words and 200,000 definitions, but it also offers outstanding coverage of world, regional and dialect English. Including a much wider range of words than ever before, the extensive coverage of geographical, scientific, and technical entries has been updated by the Collins team of leading academic experts.
• Have confidence
Discover all the latest words as they appear in the language.
• Get it right
You can rely on Collins; all our definitions, examples, idioms and usage notes are based on the Collins Word Web - our unrivaled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English.
• Get there fast
Accessible layout that's easy on the eye, guiding you quickly to what you want.
Fully-revised language notes give advice on using the right word in the right place, and thousands of word histories trace the roots of modern English. All this has been complemented with a refreshingly clutter-free design, which is easy to use and easy on the eye, taking you straight to the information you need with the minimum of fuss.
NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Use our Voice search when you don't know how an entry is spelled
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use the dictionary simultaneously with other apps.
***This is a fully functional 30-day trial version***
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Collins English Dictionary:
• Permanently unlock the complete features list
• Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues
Tags: collins dictionary essential tr , collins english dictionary tr , collins english essential v.2.1 , collins english usage apps , collins gratuit