Collins Portuguese Dictionary
by: MobiSystems • 10
The Collins Portuguese Dictionary offers extensive coverage of today's English and Portuguese, with thousands of phrases and examples guiding the user to the most appropriate translation. The Dictionary is designed for intermediate learners of Portuguese, whether at school, at home, or for business. It is the ideal text for anyone who needs easy access to a comprehensive and user-friendly dictionary. Clear signposting of meanings ensure that learners go straight to the correct translation. With 51,000 words and 110,000 translations, this dictionary provides the user with wide-ranging, practical coverage of current usage, including business and IT terminology, and a comprehensive selection of common abbreviations, acronyms and geographical names. You will also find irregular forms of Portuguese verbs and nouns with a cross-reference to the basic form where a translation is given.
The Foremost Authority on the Language of Today
• Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
• Extra help with difficult words
• Easy-to-use colour layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
Words are tools for life. And a Collins Dictionary makes them work for you.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Tags: portuguese dictionary , portuguese dictionary english pdf