by: Amanda Gates • 0
A complete cooking terms dictionary for your mobile device!
Have you ever been cooking and encountered a term or acronym that baffled you, but were too embarrassed to ask about it? This app is for you!
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all terms. The top 100 terms are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field. Category-based search is available.
- Add/edit/remove terms, and access terms you added using My Terms. If you find data that needs revision, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad.
- You can rate terms on a 5-star system. Once rated, the entry is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite terms, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any term to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your terms, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any term in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one term to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating the database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the term.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen.