Dictionary - Merriam-Webster
by: Merriam-Webster Inc. • 433.4K
This complete dictionary from Merriam-Webster includes word definitions (by typing or voice search), synonyms, antonyms, example sentences, Word of the Day, audio pronunciations etc.
You just need to write your word (or say it out loud) and the app will give you the complete definition, audio pronunciation, the example sentences and even the date when it was firstly used. Then, you can keep looking up words, viewing your recent history and of course, consulting the daily word selection.
Merriam-Webster Inc. is the developer of this useful and easy to use application, perfect for doing homework, writing assignments and even in your daily life. Really complete and helpful, be sure to check it out and start looking up words.
Tags: merriam webster dictionary , merriam webster , merriam-webster , riamwebster1/ , jogos de merriam webster dictionary , webster div , webster dictionary , free merriam webster dictionary , merriamwebster
by Ana , Appszoom
Aug 01, 2011
Get America’s most useful and respected dictionary, optimized for your Android device. This is the best Android app for English language reference, education, and vocabulary building.
And now we’ve added new word games! It’s never been more fun to learn new words and test your vocabulary for everyone from English learners to total word nerds. Hundreds of words to test your skills.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* New Vocabulary-Building Quizzes: fun, fast quizzes to learn new words or test your vocabulary
* Voice Search: look up a word without having to spell it
* Word of the Day: learn a new word every day.
* Integrated Thesaurus: synonyms & antonyms are included with the dictionary
* Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context
* Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups
* Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots
* Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you
* For tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary