by: eTech • 109
Facebook Status Updates is a simple application that works along with Facebook: it allows you to update your status and view what your friends are saying at the moment.
Launch the app and begin to scroll down to see what your friends are saying about their favorite hobbies or complaining about. Change to the center tab to write your thoughts and reminisce about your previous posts and finally tap the third tab to add check-in updates and let everyone know about your whereabouts.
As you could expect, you can also interact with other people's updates: like their status and comment on them, as in the official app and website.
The design is minimalist and simple, although that isn't quite impressive given the type of app this is.
eTech is the developer of Facebook Status Updates, a nice app for those Facebook users who're only interested in reading status on their friends' daily lives and not be bothered by Photo Albums and links. Remember that you must accept some permissions which you can view in the developer's description in order to have the app work correctly.
Tags: facebook status updates
by Anna , Appszoom
Mar 20, 2014
Status Messages is an application that allows you to view your Facebook friends status, view and update your own status and check-in your location, all from one place.
Status Messages has a simple, neat and elegantly designed User Interface that filters out status updates of your friends from the Facebook news feed, so that you don't have to look through tons of information and focus on what is necessary.
From it's Status Feed you can like your friends status, comment on them, see other comments and likes as well.
It's "MyStatus" page allows you to view your own status that you have posted over time, like them comment on them and even post new status.
It's "Check In" page allows you check into nearby locations and post comments at the same time, without ever having to open the Facebook app.
If you have the Facebook app installed on your device, Status Messages will log you in using your existing account automatically, otherwise you can log in via the Facebook web page log in dialog.
****Please note that this app will NEVER post anything on your Wall/Timeline or News Feed unless you yourself post something with this app ****
This app will ask for the following Facebook permissions:
- Access your public profile and friend list.
- Access your News Feed, likes, photos and status updates.
- Access your friends' likes, photos and status updates.
- Post to your friends on your behalf.
How to use this app:
View friends' status:
- Simply flick through to Status Feed
Like a status:
- Click on the hand symbol/icon at the left of status, the hand will turn blue.
Unlike a status
- Click on the hand symbol again, it will turn from blue to gray.
Post a new status:
- Flick through to My Status, type in your status in the text box and click post.
Delete a status:
- Press and hold on the status you typed and want to delete. A dialog box will appear, then simply click Delete Status.
Post a comment on a status:
- Click on the comment button at the bottom right of the status you want to comment on.
- A dialog box will appear with other comments(or no comments if your are first one to comment), simply type your comment in the text box and click post.
Delete a comment:
- Press and hold on the comment you have typed and want to delete. A dialog box will appear, then simply click Delete Comment.