by: Alexander Pacha • 102
This application demonstrates the capabilities of various sensors and sensor-fusions. Data from the Gyroscope, Accelerometer and compass are combined in different ways and the result is shown as a cube that can be rotated by rotating the device.
The major novelty in this application is the fusion of virtual sensors: "Improved Orientation Sensor 1" and "Improved Orientation Sensor 2" fuse the Android Rotation Vector with the virtual Gyroscope sensor to achieve a pose estimation with a previously unknown stability and precision.
Apart from these two sensors, the following sensors are available for comparison:
- Improved Orientation Sensor 1 (Sensor fusion of Android Rotation Vector and Calibrated Gyroscope - less stable but more accurate)
- Improved Orientation Sensor 2 (Sensor fusion of Android Rotation Vector and Calibrated Gyroscope - more stable but less accurate)
- Android Rotation Vector (Kalman filter fusion of Accelerometer + Gyroscope + Compass)
- Calibrated Gyroscope (Separate result of Kalman filter fusion of Accelerometer + Gyroscope + Compass)
- Gravity + Compass
- Accelerometer + Compass
- Deprecated Android Orientation Sensor (Complementary filter fusion of Accelerometer + Gyroscope + Compass)
The source code is publicly available and the link can be found in the About-section.
Tags: sensor fusion apps