by: iacobus • 9
Sailtracker is an application that collects NMEA data in real time from your boat through 3G/WiFi or Bluetooth.
Sailtracker also allows display NMEA AIS information received by the AIS transceiver of your boat.
Sailtracker shows the position coordinates, Speed over ground (SOG), Course over ground (COG), GPS Time, True Heading, Magnetic Heading, Apparent and True Wind Speed and Angle, Depth, Temperature, active Waypoint, VMG, ETA ...
Record waypoints and calculate target distance, VMG, and estimated time of arrival at the destination or regatta mark.
Sailtracker compute polar based on angle and true wind speed, calculated from apparent wind and boat speed obtained by GPS (COG).
Sailtracker includes NMEA depth alarm and anchor, and a countdown timer to output regattas.
Features exclusive version "PRO"
- VMG Wind calculate and display on Map and Wind tabs
- VMG Waypoint display on Map and Wind tabs
- True Wind on Wind tabs
- Export of recorded session to .kml file to show it on Google Earth
- Scaling of AIS icons to show the actual size of the vessels
- Displays the complete Polar
- Allows you to record more than 5 sessions
- Export the session data saved in text mode email or other means.
- Export the image of polar
- Can be installed on SD-Card
by Jakob Bekhoei
Jul 25, 2015 | "Awesome"
Great feature set
by Greg Wilkins
Jun 28, 2015 | "OK"
They have fixed the big that it shows boats in the southern hemisphere in the north. But recorded sessions still have this problem. Other than that, it looks promising
by Barra MacMathuna
Jun 03, 2015 | "Awesome"
Great piece of software to record polars for your vessel and much more. I use it with UDP protocol using a nmea multiplexer that broadcasts over a wifi network. Current waypoint that is added in OpenCpn is picked up immediately and you have a VMG to waypoint. Some nice additions could be support for offline charts but it's already an extremely useful piece of software. Lifesaving feature is the ab