3G Watchdog - Data Usage
by: Youtility Mobile • 120.7K
We all have some limits in our data plan, in the form of tariffs or speed. With this app you can control the amount of data usage every time you check it and adjust it stay within your monthly consumption limit.
The first time you install the app, you have to indicate your data plan details. This means the amount of data allowed (in bytes, KB, MB or GB) and the period (per day, week or month). You can also configure warnings here: notifications when we go over a determined % of data usage, auto-disabling 3G when you reach that amount of data usage via APNdroid or JuiceDefender and auto-enabling when it comes back down that limit. Likewise, you can choose the updating frequency for notifications and if you want the notification icon to be always visible, always hidden or just visible when 3G is enabled. Finally, you can choose what to show on the counter table.
The counter table will show the total allowed data usage, your daily, weekly and monthly usage, as well as the amount received and sent. There's also a daily and a global consumption history and at the top there’s a data usage bar that lets you see at a glance how your consumption is going. It also includes two widgets (small and large).
3G Watchdog was created by an individual developer called Richard Gruet. He has no other apps on market, but his 3G Watchdog has become a must-have for many users.
We also regard 3G Watchdog as must-have. Of course, you can live without it, but if you want to have comprehensive control over your data usage (and this is important if you want to avoid increasing bills or decrease your connection speed), this is one of the best monitoring tools you can get.
Tags: 3g watchdog , 3gwatchdog , 3g watch dog , warning 3g access , 3g watchdog qr , watchdog 3g , watchdog , 3g data meter , 3g watchdog qr code
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Jun 08, 2011
3G Watchdog monitors your Mobile and WiFi Internet data usage:
* Counts your Mobile (4G / 3G / Edge / GPRS) & WiFi usage and displays it as graph, text, and table.
* Usage by application (Android 2.2+)
* Shows your current usage status as a notification icon (green/orange/red) in the status bar.
* Plan & day usage history with CSV export/import.
* Alerts & optional auto-disable of mobile network
* Data usage widget (2 sizes). Mobile network disable/enable widget (Android 2.3 - 4.4).
* Real Time traffic graphs (Mobile and WiFi)
Translated in over 20 languages.
- Should NOT be installed on SD card!
* On the Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 dual-SIM phone 3GW counts mobile data usage only for the SIM card inserted in the first slot.
* Doesn't count properly usage on Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (SM-G906S and SM-G901F) with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Please contact us if you want to help to fix this problem.
* On Android 5.0+ the "Disable mobile network" function does not work (the mobile data switch widget and the auto-disable feature are both affected). This is because on Lollipop the enable/disable function is no longer accessible to third-party apps.
* Doesn't count properly global usage on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 - this problem affects other data counting applications as well and is caused by a bug on the tablet itself.
* Doesn't count properly global mobile usage on Samsung Galaxy R / Z (i9103) and possibly Galaxy Y. Problems were also reported with the Captivate Glide.
* HTC Velocity 4G and HTC Vivid on ICS: be sure to CHECK the "Use pre-froyo.." option in 3GW Settings > Advanced, or mobile usage won't be counted.
If you run into problems and wish to help to solve the problem while giving the community a chance to get a better 3GW, please send a mail to email@example.com with details.
-> See the FAQ at http://www.3gwatchdog.fr/en/faq