AirDroid: Remote access & File
by: SAND STUDIO • 557.1K
This app has really impressed us due to its simplicity and good-looking interface. It works this way: when you run the app in your device it generates an URL (FTP-like) and a password. You just need to go to that URL and login with that password.
Then you get into a kind of desktop that's your phone guts. There are different folders that looks-like desktop shortcuts: messages, call log, market, music, photos, ringtones, files and apps. Thus, you can read you SMS from the browser and even compose and send from there, check and manager your call, seek apps & games on the market (it links you to Android market web version), your files and the apps installed in your device. You can even uninstall apps from this virtual desktop or export it to the SDcard (although you have to confirm by tapping in your device) as well as add/delete/edit contacts from your phonebook.
What's more, it recognizes your device model and show your internal and SDcard used and available memory. It even show detailed info on this: how many apps installed, amount of photos, messages and other media files.
Both the app and the web service are set in a good-looking interface. Clear and large icons to make it more understandable and usable. Login and log out are fast and easy.
AirDroid is the first app launched by SAND STUDIO on the market. However, it's meant to become one of the greatest apps. One of the best way to connect your device with your computer, no matter the OS and wireless. Highly recommendable.
Tags: airdroid , mobilego vs airdroid , web airdroid , apps like airdroid , airdroid login , airdroid - best device manager , airdroid qr code , airdroid test , air droid vx mobile go
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Nov 28, 2011
Delight Your Multi-Screen Life
AirDroid allows you to access and manage your Android phone or tablet from Windows, Mac and Linux, wirelessly, for free.
Calls, SMS, and the app notifications you allowed, mirrored to the large computer screen you are focused on.
1. Files Transfer
- AirDroid supports transferring all kinds of files in different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux and mobile device, on the same network and even remotely.
- Send music, video, photo, gif, apk, link and all kinds of files you would like to transfer.
2. Remote access and control ( root NOT required )
- Complete remote access and control of your Android devices from Windows, Mac OS, wireless and without rooting.
- Provides secure screen sharing, phone screen recording.
- Remote camera feature can help you see through the lens of both front and back cameras, monitor the environment around the device in real-time.
3. SMS & Contacts management
- Receive, reply and send SMS messages via AirDroid PC desktop client and Web AirDroid.
- Managing messages and contact stored on your phone.
4. Notification Mirror
Mirror phone notifications from any allowed apps to your computer. Reply to mobile messages (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Line and Kik) from desktop clients.
5. Make and Answer calls via PC
- Web AirDroid provide incoming calls review function which allow you accept or reject calls by clicking the mouse. Review missed calls.
- Dialpad even allow you make calls via PC.
6. Backup & Sync
- Backup photos and videos from phone to computer.
- Share clipboard between phone and computer.
7. Other phone management features (Web client only)
- Find phone: locate your phone when it's lost.
- Apps & Media: manage photos, ringtones and videos, upload, install and uninstall apks remotely
Connect with our team
Help Center: https://help.airdroid.com/
We may not be able to respond to each message, but we do read all of them. Thank you!
Note: This app uses the Device Administrator permission. It is used for the Find Phone feature.