by: Palo M. • 225
This is a remote control of (PC) BOINC clients from Android device.
This light-weighted manager for BOINC clients:
- can connect to BOINC core client via WiFi or mobile network
- displays status of client: projects, tasks, transfers and messages
- provides basic controls for client
Please note, that this is NOT the BOINC client (it cannot do computation on your Android device). If you want to do computation on Android, please use BOINC application from U.C. Berkeley.
Configuration of BOINC client can be complex, see detailed instructions in Wiki https://github.com/palo-m/androboinc/wiki/AndroBOINC-Setup
BOINC client can send a lot of data traffic to AndroBOINC, so please be careful about autorefresh feature when you are on mobile network and you don't have flat data plan (included network usage counter can give you hint about data volume).
Please report any issues or propose enhancements via application issues page https://github.com/palo-m/androboinc/issues
The permissions explanation:
- To be able to connect to client (of course)
- To know if connection is over WiFi or Mobile (different refresh rates are configurable)
- To keep screen alive (this option is configurable in preferences)
Tags: androboinc setup , androboinc configuration , how to setup androboinc , 0.05cpus1 cpus , boinc manager , androboinc host , boinc , boinc basic client , boinc servers