Anti-virus Dr.Web Light
by: Doctor Web, Ltd • 1.1M
Although there haven't been reported too many cases of malware on Android, it seems that the need of security on a open-source OS is in the air. Dr. Web Anti-virus Light comes to cover that need with a simple but intuitive Anti-Virus for Android.
First thing you have to do is enable SpiGuard to activate protecting warnings. Dr. Web will notify you when a threat is detected. You can set notifications from preferences.
It works in two different ways: first, you can scan by yourself your device. There are three options: quick scan, full scan (takes longer and scans even the hidden and system files) or the custom scan (select what you want to be scanned). There's also an automatic scan: every time you install a new app, Dr. Web will automatically look for threats. What's more, you can schedule scanners in order to keep your device safe of malware.
Finally, Dr. Web tracks statistics about malware detected, apps installed and scans done. It's better if you keep Dr. Web up-to-date from the tab "update". An Anti-virus is more effective if it has info about the last threats and malware.
We don't think that an anti-virus is something really needed so far. Anyway, it's a security measure that makes no damage if it doesn't kill your battery life. Dr. Web works pretty well in this sense.
Tags: dr web antivirus , antivirus light , dr web light , dr web antivirus light review , light , antivirus , dr. web light , dr web light review , dr. web antivirus
by Manu , Appszoom
Nov 28, 2014
Basic anti-virus protection
Important! The Light version is NOT ENOUGH to protect your device from all types of malware. To get maximum security, choose comprehensive protection with Dr.Web for Android (FREE for 14 days).
Remove locker ransomware
Unlock a device compromised by locker ransomware.
- Terminates malicious processes even on locked devices;
- Neutralises lockers that are not yet present in the Dr.Web virus database;
- Preserves data; no ransom needs to be paid to criminals.
Features and Advantages
• Performs quick or full file system scans, as well as custom scans of user-specified files and folders.
Offers real-time file system scanning with the SpIDer Guard monitor whenever attempts are made to save files in the memory.
• Using the unique Origins Tracing technology, detects new, unknown malware.
• Protects SD cards from becoming infected with autorun files and Exploit.Cpllnk, both of which may be dangerous for Windows-running devices.
• Moves detected threats to the quarantine from which isolated files can be restored, if needed.
• Minimally impacts system performance.
• Economizes battery resources.
• Economizes traffic due to the small size of the virus database updates, which is particularly important for users whose mobile device plans have usage limitations.
• Collects statistics on detected threats and actions performed.
Offers handy and informative desktop widgets for accessing the application.
This version does not include these important components: anti-spam, anti-theft, firewall and Cloud Checker. To protect your mobile device from all types of malware, use Dr.Web for Android (comprehensive protection).