Anti-virus Dr.Web Light
by: Doctor Web, Ltd • 1.1M
Although there haven't been reported too many cases of malware on Android, it seems that the need of security on a open-source OS is in the air. Dr. Web Anti-virus Light comes to cover that need with a simple but intuitive Anti-Virus for Android.
First thing you have to do is enable SpiGuard to activate protecting warnings. Dr. Web will notify you when a threat is detected. You can set notifications from preferences.
It works in two different ways: first, you can scan by yourself your device. There are three options: quick scan, full scan (takes longer and scans even the hidden and system files) or the custom scan (select what you want to be scanned). There's also an automatic scan: every time you install a new app, Dr. Web will automatically look for threats. What's more, you can schedule scanners in order to keep your device safe of malware.
Finally, Dr. Web tracks statistics about malware detected, apps installed and scans done. It's better if you keep Dr. Web up-to-date from the tab "update". An Anti-virus is more effective if it has info about the last threats and malware.
We don't think that an anti-virus is something really needed so far. Anyway, it's a security measure that makes no damage if it doesn't kill your battery life. Dr. Web works pretty well in this sense.
Tags: dr web antivirus , antivirus light , dr web light , dr web antivirus light review , light , antivirus , dr. web light , dr web light review , dr. web antivirus
by Manu , Appszoom
Nov 28, 2014
Features and Advantages
• Quick or full file system scans, as well as custom scans, of user-specified files and folders.
The SpIDer Guard monitor scans file systems in real-time whenever an attempt is made to store files and applications in the device’s memory.
• Neutralisation of ransomware lockers: malicious processes are terminated even if a device is locked; lockers not yet present in the Dr.Web virus database are blocked; data remains intact, eliminating the need to pay criminals a ransom.
• The unique Origins Tracing technology is used to detect new, unknown malware.
• Detected threats are moved to the quarantine from which isolated files and applications can be restored, if needed.
• Minimal impact on system performance.
• Restrained use of battery resources.
• Frugal data usage due to the small size of the virus database updates—a big plus for users whose mobile device plans have usage limits.
• Detailed statistics reveal what threats have been detected and what actions have been taken with them.
• A convenient and informative widget for working with the SpIDer Guard file monitor.
This version does not include these important components: the Call and SMS Filter, the Anti-theft, and the URL filter. To protect your mobile device from all types of malware, use the comprehensive protection solution Dr.Web Security Space for Android.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
This app uses Accessibility services.