AR Bearing + Baseplate Compass
by: AppyHand • 529
AR Bearing Baseplate Compass is an application that provides a free compass and a bearing compass with Augmented Reality.
What can you do with it? This app allows you to measure and record headings, address yourself to the right direction and record important bearings. This features can be useful when doing various tasks like sailing, hiking, backpacking and other outdoor activities.
The application works perfectly well and besides it appears to be complex, it actually isn't. Change your preferences in the Settings section and personalize it to fir your activities better.
There are several differences between the free and the premium version which you can read thoroughly in the developer's description.
AppyHand is the developer of AR Bearing Baseplate Compass, a helpful app for the most adventurous ones.
Tags: ar gps compass map 3d pro v1.4
by Anna , Appszoom
Sep 25, 2013
A free baseplate compass and a bearing compass with Augmented Reality (AR) in a single tool !
The only AR bearing + baseplate compass on Google Play !
* Measure and record headings on paper or digital maps.
* Head towards the right direction using the Augmented Reality Heads-Up overlay.
* Take and record bearings in the field.
* Fast and stable.
For best results:
* calibrate the magnetic sensors every time you use the application: move your device along a "8" shaped path several times
* some protective cases and pouches include a MAGNET. If this is your case, please keep the magnet away from your device when using the application.
Features of the free version:
* Baseplate compass with rotating dial and precise heading display.
* Baseplate compass background can be set to camera preview or picture. Very useful if you have maps stored as pictures on your device.
* Bearing compass with 2 Augmented Reality (AR) modes: ruler overlay and viewfinder overlay.
* 4 different overlay transparency levels.
* Sensor accuracy indication.
* Autofocus and macro focus (if supported by device camera).
* Zoom (if supported by device camera).
* Field of View automatic detection and calibration.
* Sensor update rate settings.
* Sensor filtering settings.
* Easy to use
* Detailed user guide
Paid Pro-version includes following extra features:
* Pitch (aka tilt) display.
* Augmented Reality (AR) screenshots to record headings and bearings in all modes.
* True/Geographic North indication (magnetic declination correction using a numerical model and GPS or network based geolocation).
* Manual location settings to get the magnetic declination without GPS nor network connection
* Augmented Reality (AR) screenshots geo-tagging (GPS or network based geolocation) and time.
* Bearing and pitch stored in EXIF.
* EXIF data overlaid on snapshot
* Augmented Reality (AR) screenshots resolution settings.
* Removal of ads and Goodbye screen.
Numerous applications including:
* Outdoor activities
* Topographic and site survey
A baseplate compass is also named a protractor compass or an orienteering compass.
A bearing compass is also named a sighting compass, a survey compass or a field compass.
!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!
Sensors behavior can vary a lot between devices.
If AR Bearing Compass does not work properly on your device, please drop me an email indicating your device model and Android version and a description of the issue.