by: Secomba GmbH • 2.2K
If you're a devoted Dropbox user, you will probably appreciate applying an additional layer of security to the files you upload to the cloud. BoxCryptor allows you to use a password to encrypt and decrypt all files type: photos, music, folders, .exe, etc.
Besides the encryption password, it will be encrypted with a different filename not to show any information about the file content. All the encryption/decryption process is done directly on your phone and your password is never transmitted to any other intermediate. This means, you will have your personal files secure on the cloud. BoxCryptor is fully integrated with Dropbox. The UI is user-friendly: your files will be encrypted and uploaded in a few taps.
This is the free version which has some limited options like: read access only, no app unlock PIN, and only the first two encrypted folder levels are accessible. The paid version remove all these restrictions.
BoxCryptor has been developed by Acomba UG (haftungsbeschränkt). Although this is the only app they've developed so far, they've reaching remarkably success with it.
We appreciate apps that increase the standard level of security. They're added value apps. However, we think Dropbox security level is acceptable and regular maybe don't need that level of security. For those who do need it, that's one of the best options.
Tags: boxcryptor , boxcryptor apk , para que sirve boxcryptor , test boxcryptor , boxcryptor caracteristicas , integration google drive boxcryptor , dropboxamigabilidad con el usuario , 안드로이드 boxcryptor , boxcryptor datei entschlüsseln
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Oct 14, 2011
Add an additional security layer to your cloud storage and encrypt your files with Boxcryptor Classic. Boxcryptor Classic allows you to use all popular cloud storage providers such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft SkyDrive and others without sacrificing safety, privacy, or comfort!
NOTE: If you experience any problems with this app, instead of leaving a 1-star review, we invite you to contact our support to find the best way to help you. You can submit a ticket here: http://support.boxcryptor.com - Thank you!
Boxcryptor Classic is an encryption software optimized for cloud storage. With Boxcryptor Classic for Android you can easily access your encrypted folders via smartphone or tablet. And the best: It's free!
- Supports all popular cloud storage providers like Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft SkyDrive. See below the complete list of supported providers.
- Always have your sensitive files with you - and enjoy peace of mind knowing that these are securely encrypted.
- Access all your encrypted documents (photos, music, etc.) in your cloud.
- Encryption and decryption is done directly on your mobile phone or tablet - your password is never transmitted.
- Secure file encryption using the AES-256 standard (Advanced Encryption Standard with a key size of 256 bit).
- App unlock PIN for additional security.
- Limited EncFS compatibility (more details can be found on our website).
- With the Boxcryptor Classic Unlimited versions you can have filename encryption to hide any sensitive information that may be mentioned on the name of a file or folder.
List of supported storage providers:
Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft SkyDrive, Box.net, SugarSync, Egnyte, Strato HiDrive, Telekom Cloud, Cubby, GMX MediaCenter, Web.de Smartdrive, Livedrive, Yandex Disk, CloudSafe and others using WebDAV. Additionally it is possible to encrypt files on your local device storage.
Go to www.boxcryptor.com to find product manuals and more information about Boxcryptor Classic.
Boxcryptor Classic for Android requires the following permissions:
- Network communication: Required for Internet access.
- Storage: Required to read/write files.
- Find accounts: Required for Google Drive support. This allows retrieving your Google account information when - and only when - connecting to Google Drive. You will then be asked to grant access to Boxcryptor Classic for Android to your Google Drive files.
- Prevent device from sleeping: Required for the picture slideshow.
Keywords: encryption, encrypted, AES, security, cloud, cloud storage