DroidCam Wireless Webcam
by: Dev47Apps • 21.5K
This is one of those original ideas that makes our life easier. We all like to increase the potential and the functionalities of our Android, and this app it's on that track. It uses the back camera (or the front if you prefer it) of your device as a webcam. You will need tough to donwload the app from the market, as well as a desktop software to your PC. It works so far for Windows and Linux computer clients.
Once both software will be installed, you may introduce you IP address in the app and start to videochat through the videocall messenger service you prefer. What's more, you can connect via 3G, bluetooth and USB (that works over ADB Bridge). It supports varios video formats and high resolution, but it just available for Android 2.1 and later.
It has to be said that the idea is great but has some flaws. some messenger service as Yahoo don't recognized it. What's more, there are some bugs, especially in the latest updates: forceclosings, error messages and crashes. We hope it will be solved soon, because we think it's a really worthy app.
This is the free version of DroidCamX. If you like the application you can get the paid version for $4.25 with improved features.
DroidCam Wireless Webcam has been developed by Dev47, an emerging developer who has just launched this app (and its paid version) in the market.
This is one of those app that makes us save some money by adding new functionalities of our Android. Some points need to be improved and some bugs fixed but we think developers are on the right track.
Tags: droid cam , droidcam client , droidcamx , droidcam pc , wireless webcam , droidcam , cam droid , droid cam client , droidcam wireless
by Manu , Appszoom
May 16, 2011
DroidCam turns your Android device into a wireless webcam letting you chat on Skype, Google+, and with other programs like OBS & XSplit for your live streams to Twitch / Youtube.
You can also use DroidCam as an IP webcam, or Surveillance Camera, via a Internet browser virtually on all networks. Use it as a simple pet cam, spy cam, or a security camera.
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer, including Sound and Picture.
- Completely free with no usage limits or watermarks!
- Connect over WiFi or USB* cable.
- Use other apps with DroidCam in the background.
- Surveillance/IP web camera MJPEG access (access camera via a browser or from another phone/tablet/etc).
- Simple and efficient: Designed to save battery and space as much as possible.
The app works with a PC Client component that installs the webcam drivers, and connects the computer with the Android device. Windows or Linux clients are available, please visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to download, install, and get more info on usage.
If you like the app, consider getting the Pro version, DroidCamX, which has:
- No Ads!
- High-res video support (up to 720p in HD Mode).
- Experimental 'FPS Boost' option for up to 2x the framerates.
- Pro features on the Windows client including video mirror, rotate, contrast, sharpness and more controls.
"A bargain compared to actual webcams sold in store!"
"Perfect! Amazing program no lags no problem the best it could be! Long time since I've seen app working so well!!!"
* USB connection may require additional setup