by: Eaton • 10
The easyParameter App allows for customization of individual smartphone user interfaces when controlling an application using easy800. The administrator has flexibility in adjusting the user interface for the app user and determines which parameters can be read and modified from the smartphone (date, time, actual and setpoint values for function blocks, annual and weekly timer, status of marker bits and inputs/outputs).
- User interface can be customized for better clarity and easier control of machine by the user
- Flexible indication and operation of the control relay, also outside noisy and hard accessible areas
- Efficient monitoring of several machines with only a single visualization device
- Simple handling of a wide range of machine access rights using various user interfaces
- Modern communication with easy800 through mobile smartphone access to the control relay at a distance of up to 10 m
- Protection against unauthorized access to the control relay through the secure Bluetooth connection through a unique 8-digit PIN and, in addition, optionally through the device password of the easy800
- Can be switched into English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Polish and Spanish
- Can be used only in combination with Bluetooth adapter EASY800-BLT-ADP and a smartphone with Android version 2.2 or higher
- Download the Excel configuration tool required to use the app: easyParameter_Configuration_Vxx.xlsm (including documentation and demo sample.) (ftp://ftp.moeller.net/INTERNET/EMEA/easyParameter_Configuration_Vxx.zip) or at http://www.eaton.eu/easy -> tab „Parameter App“
How does it work? – simply easy
1. Record the 8-digit PIN on the back of the EASY800-BLT-ADP Bluetooth adapter and insert adapter into the easy800's programming interface
2. Activate the Bluetooth interface on the smartphone, search for available Bluetooth devices and establish the Bluetooth connection by entering the 8-digit PIN for the Bluetooth adapter (pairing)
3. Download the easyParameter App from Google Play onto a smartphone, wait for it to install and then launch it (an "Eaton/easyParameter App" folder is created upon start-up)
4. Download the Excel configuration tool easyParameter_Configuration_Vxx.xlsm at unter http://www.eaton.eu/easy -> tab „Parameter App“and then configure the desired user interfaces
5. Create a configuration file (.xls) from the now-configured user interfaces
6. Copy the newly created configuration file into the smartphone directory "Eaton/easyParameter App"
7. Start the easyParameter App, import the configuration file into the app, select Bluetooth adapter and link to the control relay.
This application contains elements from the open source project licensed under Apache License 2.0 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html).