by: SmartDyne • 562
There are default profiles (or "modes") in our Android: silent mode, airplane mode... However, sometimes they're not enough or they're not such configurable as we wish. EasyProfiles' developers detected that need and launched an app to solve that situation.
EasyProfiles has 6 default profiles: home, car, default, night, work, meeting. All of them are high customizable: you can enable/disable built-in features of your mobile device. Such features are divided in 4 categories: Wireless, Sound, Display, Actions. What's more you can add as many profiles as you wish. For example, you can create a profile: "Class" and set ringer group exception, disable media volume, start application (sound recorder), send SMS ("I'm at class"), set notification vibration on, and many other.
That's what EasyProfile does. There are lot of rules you can set in each category. You can even enable profiles by location (when you reach the place, the mode automatically changes). In summary, a really useful app for those who spend all day long around, from one place to another, and don't want to spend too much time adjusting parameters. Recommendable.
Tags: easyprofiles , easyprofiles review , problem activating easyprofiles , easyprofiles guide , easyprofiles keygen , licence easyprofiles , automatic toggle between profiles , silent exceptions , easyprofiles license
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
May 15, 2012
This is a two-weeks trial of "EasyProfiles Pro"!
Best profile manager for android!
Attention rooted devices: You need to install a small system apk in options in order to benefit from having rooted!
EasyProfiles is an intuitive, flexible, battery saving tool which allows you to automatically or manually switch between profiles that you have defined. A profile is a collection of system settings you select to make your device behave as you would like for each situation (quiet, loud, GPS on, etc).
You define rules that activate each profile according to events or other criteria you have defined. The combination of profiles and rules make EasyProfiles a powerful system to enable your Android device to behave as you would like wherever you are.
Profile Attributes are:
- Airplane mode (root only on 4.2 and later)
- GPS* *G
- background data *R
- data roaming *R
- Mobile network* *G
- Radio (toggles only phone/SMS connection) *G
- APN settings
- 2G/3G/4G switch *R (GSM only!)
- 4G / WiMAX*
- Automatic screen brightness
- Screen brightness
- Display timeout
- Wallpaper(Animated wallpapers only *R!)
- patternlock switch *R
- Ringer mode
- Ringer volume
- Notification vibration
- Notification volume
- System volume
- Media volume
- Speaker mode (use phone as hands free device)
- Notification tone
- Sound effects
- Haptic feedback
- Dtmf tone when dialing
- Ringer group exception*
(You may define contact groups (kind of 'VIP') and add all persons to it that need exceptional handling. I.e. all incoming calls that belong to one of the specified groups are suppressed, if the ringer is on. And vice versa if the ringer is off, these calls are indicated by normal ringer sounds.)
- SMS group exception* (Same as Ringer group exception, but this attribute considers SMS instead of calls.)
- Suppress individual contact ringtones*
- Automatically Answer Calls
- HTC Scene*
- Preferred Input Method *R
- Ringer Volume lock
Automatic Profile Switches based on:
- currently activated profile
- detected/missing Motion
- Bluetooth connection/disconnection
- Wifi connection/disconnection
- Headphones (plugged in/out)
- Battery Level
- Charging state
- Calendar Entry* (with keywords)
- Activation Time (limit waiting for another event to specified time, then fire independently)
- Location (based on mobile phone cells or visible wifi hotspots or GPS)
- Car / Desk Docking station
- Foreground Application (upon start or stop) (< 4.1)
- NFC Tags (> 2.3)
Additionally define actions on events and/or profile (de-)activation:
- Start Application
- Stop Application* (not available on FROYO)
- Notify (Notify yourself on an event)
- Send SMS
- Call a number (enables call forwarding)
- Locale Plugin Setting (use all "locale" plugins also in EasyProfiles!)
- Reboot *R
- Execute shortcut (Especially in combination with GScript this becomes a very powerful extension!)
EasyProfiles has an "AutoPin" feature *R: Auomatically inserts SIM PIN after enabling Flightmode, switching preferred network mode or reenabling radio!
Additionally EasyProfile itself is able to act as a locale settings plugin, so you can switch profiles also from other apps (like e.g. tasker).
* These features use non-public API or hidden functions. It is possible that some of them do not work on every combination of device and android version.
It is possible that they then do not work as expected or at all. There is no garantee that they will work on future android versions.
*G These features are not available on unrooted devices using android 2.3 or later.
*R These features are only available on rooted devices.
We have no possibility to answer on comments at the market. Please send an email if you have an issue. We will then help to find the reason.
Read more details and changelog on http://SmartDyne.de/easyprofiles