by: Google LLC • 5.6M
Google Translate is a go-to service: once you give it a try, you'll never know how you lived with out it. It has never been known for 100% accuracy, but for pure ease of use, language coverage and variety of features, you'd be hard pushed to find better.
January saw another big update - and the app now boasts translation into a whopping 90 languages, as well as an improved conversation mode (with added languages), and the ability to translate with voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting.
A machine can never (in my humble opinion) replace a human translator: but Google has taken things one step further. If getting the gist quickly is what you need, it will never let you down.
The sheer number of languages covered is what has always put Google ahead of the rest, and more and more are added all the time. And the new and improved elements make it a cut above any of its competitors.
The old version of the Google Translate app allowed two people to speak to one another across languages by just touching a button to change the language detection mode: the new version claims to allow simultaneous translation in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian.
Prior to the current release, users could take a photo of text in another language and have it translated into their language of choice. With Word Lens, the app will attempt to translate text live on screen as you aim your camera at a sign, menu or a page of text.
Word Lens is impressive, but is hampered by its limited font recognition - it struggles with some serif fonts and relies on your steady hands - slight blurring of a photo causes issues.
The conversation mode isn't always very accurate - but you will be very amused by the suggestions!
Tags: переводчик google , google переводчик , google translate , translate , google translator , google translate lication , googles translator , google tłumacz , google translater
by Jayne , Appszoom
Mar 02, 2015
• Translate between 103 languages by typing
• Tap to Translate: Copy text in any app and your translation pops up
• Offline: Translate 59 languages when you have no Internet
• Instant camera translation: Use your camera to translate text instantly in 38 languages
• Camera Mode: Take pictures of text for higher-quality translations in 37 languages
• Conversation Mode: Two-way instant speech translation in 32 languages
• Handwriting: Draw characters instead of using the keyboard in 93 languages
• Phrasebook: Star and save translations for future reference in any language
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Google Translate may ask for permission to access the following features:
• Microphone for speech translation
• Camera for translating text via the camera
• SMS for translating text messages
• External storage for downloading offline translation data
• Accounts and credentials for signing-in and syncing across devices