Keyboard from Android 2.3
by: Steven Lin • 22.3K
This is the free version of Keyboard from Android 2.3. There's a paid version ($1.99) that contains extra features.
Probably you already have Android 2.2 or lower version and you would like to try Gingerbread Keyboard without upgrading (because you don't want o you can't) your Android version, don't you? Here you are.
The whole appearance of the Android keyboard has been changed (layout and style), and we have to say, improved. New features of Gingerbread keyboard are basically:
- Multitouch keyboard (make sure your device supports it)
- Built-in dictionary (it helps, but some people thinks it's a bit intrusive)
- Speech to text
- Split main keyboard app and dictionaries
The difference and improvements in comparison with the previous keyboards are evident. However, there are other non-official keyboards that overtakes by far this one. Anyway, if you fell in love with this keyboard, because you've tried it in your friend's newer device, go and get it. It's really worth.
Keyboard from Android 2.3 has been developed by Steven Lin, an individual developer who has made this great replica of the official Gingerbread Keyboard. What's more, he has also launched a paid version and some languages packages that includes specific dictionaries.
Tags: 2.3 changelog , gingerbread keyboard dictionary , e , 2.3 screenshots , keyboard from 2.3` keyboard from gingerbread , gingerbread keyboard vibration intensity , keyboard from 3 , gingerbread keyboard , keyboard 2.3
by Manu , Appszoom
Jul 06, 2011
#How to use this keyboard:
1. Enable it in the "Settings / Language & keyboard / Gingerbread Keyboard"
2. Find a text input (mail app or message app), long press the text view.
3. When the popup comes up, select "Input method" and choose gingerbread keyboard.
#For those who worried about collecting data warning.
The warning message is a part of the Android operating system that appears when any third party keyboard is enabled. so don’t worry about it!
#For Galaxy S / Tab Users, Vibration (HapticFeedback) = "Vibrate on keypress" enabled and "Custom vibration intensity" set to "Normal" (In keyboard settings and advanced setting).
# For Czech / Danish / Dutch / French / German / Italian / Norwegian Bokmål / Polish / Russian / Spanish / Swedish users, you need to download the optional dictionaries.
# How to install optional dictionaries: Go to "Gingerbread Keyboard Settings" / "Input languages", select (re-select) the language you want.
# This is a free app, if you do like this app, please buy "Keyboard from Android 2.3 +" to support my work.
you can find my paid version by scrolling down to bottom and click "View more applications" to buy my app, thanks!
1. Multitouch keyboard
2. User dictionary, built-in dictionary
3. Auto correction
4. Redesigned and optimized keyboard layout and style
5. Speech to text
6. Split main keyboard app and dictionaries.
Features that are available on paid version.
1. 6 Keyboard themes
2. Custom vibrator intensity
3. Custom key height, text size, row gap, bottom adjustment.
4. Long press "Enter" key to bring up smiley alternatives.
5. Options to hide period and comma key.
And I opensourced this project. If you like to help, here is the way to go
Special thanks to Zorxd from XDA for fr-rCH language support!