Locale Wifi Connected Plug-in
by: Timothy Ace • 9
A Locale plug-in for if your device is connected to any wireless network or not. This can be very useful to save on bandwidth usage for your mobile plan.
One potential usage is to have Locale only turn on background data syncing when connected to Wifi. (Note: background data syncing plugin for Locale available separately).
What makes this different from other similar plugins is:
* Don't have to enter SSID names.
* Only one setting: connected to a Wifi Access Point or not connected
* Only one permission required to check network state.
* It registers itself with the Android OS as an app that wants to be notified when the network state changes. Therefore the condition triggers immediately upon connecting or disconnecting from Wifi.
* By registering this way, no background process is needed to constantly check the state of Wifi like other plugins use.
* This saves significant battery since this plugin only runs for a brief second when the Wifi connects or disconnects.
This is a Locale plug-in, it requires Locale v1.0+ to work.
Tags: como usar wifi connected