by: Igor G Kanel • 100
This application introduces two useful widgets: EZ Ping and Mobile Network Operator EZ Ping is useful for online internet connection speed monitoring.
Network Operator - displays current cellular network operator name and country, connection type and provides ability to quickly switch between network connection modes: GSM Only/WCDMA/Auto/LTE.
EZ Ping Widget
Tap on widget to activate continuous pinging specified URL with specified intervals. Tap again to deactivate.
The lower ping means higher the speed of the Internet connection.
You can set the limits for each color of widget - red, yellow, green.
If ping value is above 1000 ms Internet connection is pretty bad. When ping<100ms you can watch YouTube without buffering.
All settings for this widget are available in the app on “Ping prefs” tab.
Network Operator Widget
This widget is very useful while you are in roaming.
It displays current network operator name, country of the operator, connection type and button to switch between connection modes.
The widget is updated every 10 minutes. Tap on widget to update immediately.
Network Essentials (Main app)
There are 3 tabs in app.
Tab “ping prefs” is intended for adjusting ping settings:
* target URL
* amount of measurements for averaging
* Ping provider: ICMP (unavailable on some devices), HTTPSocket. HTTPConnection
* Color ranges for different ping values. There are 3 ranges - green, yellow, red. You can adjust these values manually.
* Ping interval - means time-out (is seconds) between ping attempts.
* Auto disable - means that ping process will stop automatically after specified amount of time.
* Do not ping in sleep mode - suppresses ping while device in sleep mode. It will save battery lifetime.
Tab “series prefs” is intended for adjusting series settings:
* Save measurements to series. If checked measurements will be stored in series.
* Maximum series size. When size of series exceed this value new series will be opened.
* Series prefix - prefix, that will be used as part of name of the series
* Location filter -if enabled sets minimum distance in meters between samples that will be stored in series.
* Interval filter- if enabled sets minimum interval in seconds between samples that will be stored in series.
* Interchange filter - if enabled sets every N sample will be stored in series
This tab contains stored series of samples. Samples are stored in series on tap on EzPing widget when "Save measurements to series" on tab "Series prefs" is enabled.
Tap on series to open context menu:
* Map report - Show series on map
* KML report - Show series in google earth(if exists on device)
* CSV report - opens series as CSV file (if csv-enabled application is available on device)
* Delete series - Removes selected series from database
* Delete All Series - Removes all series from database
In a map view you can switch between two modes: ping value or network generation.
Also you can share series or open it in google earth (if available on device)
Tags: ezping , network essentials , youtube network essentials , lication to ping the internet every 5 minutes