This is a test app for Android devices, and is part of a user study by the Empathic Systems Projects research group at Northwestern University. JamLogger tracks user activity to allow us to understand how people use their smart devices.
This app will monitor:
- CPU utilization, system load
- Phone state and connectivity (airplane mode, edge, 3G, signal strength)
- Call state (ringing, on call, idle)
- Display brightness and state
- Wifi connectivity
- Network traffic (quantity of data sent/received)
- Location (when GPS is triggered by another app)
- Battery levels
- SD card reads/writes
- Applications active
To protect your privacy, all data is anonymized with an internally generated UUID before upload.
Things we DO NOT monitor:
- The device's ANDROID_ID is not collected; this app generates its own UUID
- Audio of calls is not recorded
- Neither names, nor contact information, nor phone numbers are gathered
- Contents of data packets are not inspected
By using this software, you agree that usage data will be recorded as outlined above.
Tags: nu jamlogger , nu&jamlogger