Pilot's Companion - Basic
by: Andrés Norman • 57
This application was inspired by the information and situations I faced during my education as a commercial pilot. I hope you can find it as useful as I wish I had it back then.
Some general and theoretical aviation knowledge is required, which I hope will encourage you to keep learning.
One of the purposes of this app is to make some tedious work as automated as possible, so please drop me a line if you miss any features.
- Lear how to visualize the Holding pattern in your HSI and tell immediately what kind of entry applies
- Learn how to quickly calculate the wind components in your HSI
- Learn how to calculate a heading to a point defined by a VOR (point-to-point navigation) in your HSI
- Get latest METAR/TAF and NOTAMS using ICAO codes
- Calculate time and distance to the PSR (point of safe return)
- Calculate the aerodrome pressure altitude, ISA deviation and environmental lapse rate by entering the QNH, temperature and aerodrome elevation
- Use millibars, inches of mercury, degrees centigrade or Fahrenheit (aerodrome pressure altitude)
- This app less than 40 kb after move to SD card
- Adobe AIR less than 400 kb after move to SD card
Note: This application requires the free “Adobe Air” application which can be downloaded from the market. A link will be provided after installation.
Tags: como determinar la desviacion isa en aviacion , point to point navigation with an hsi , calcular desviacion isa