by: Andrés Norman • 8
This application was inspired by the information and situations I faced during my education as a commercial pilot. I hope you can find it as useful as I wish I had it back then.
Some general and theoretical aviation knowledge is required, which I hope will encourage you to keep learning.
One of the purposes of this app is to make some tedious work as automated as possible, so please drop me a line if you miss any features.
- Learn how to visualize the Holding pattern in your HSI and tell immediately what kind of entry applies
- Learn how to quickly calculate the wind components in your HSI
- Learn how to calculate a heading to a point defined by a VOR (point-to-point navigation) in your HSI
- Get latest METAR/TAF and NOTAMS using ICAO codes
- Export the NOTAMS as txt in your SD card for later use
- Calculate distance, great circle track and initial course for two coordinates
- Calculate time and distance to the PSR (point of safe return)
- Make and store ICAO flight plans. Export them as PDF in your SD card ready to be printed or sent to any aeronautical office
- Filling guide for all flight plan items
- Calculate the aerodrome pressure altitude, ISA deviation and environmental lapse rate by entering the QNH, temperature and aerodrome elevation
- Use millibars, inches of mercury, degrees centigrade or Fahrenheit (aerodrome pressure altitude)
- NEW! Mass and Balance (Beta)
- Save an unlimited number of Mass and Balance sheets
- Save an unlimited number of Mass and Balance graphs
- Export to PDF all Mass and Balance data to PDF (including calculations and graph)
- This app less than 40 kb after move to SD card
- Adobe AIR less than 400 kb after move to SD card
Note: This application requires the free “Adobe Air” application which can be downloaded from the market. A link will be provided after installation.