Plumb bob, Level, Ruler - iHandy Carpenter(No Ads)
by: iHandy Ltd. • 412
The lightest, prettiest and most handy carpenter tool kit in the world, right on your Phone! Get 5 professional tools in ONE app at only half the price of buying each!
There are 5 tools in this Carpenter tool kit:
- A plumb bob, the easiest way for you to verify the verticality of lines or walls
- A surface level, the best tool to level any flat surface
- A bubble level bar, exactly as you can see in carpenter tool kit shops, and more beautiful!
- A steel protractor, measuring angles from 0 to 180 degrees.
- A steel ruler, supporting both inches and centimeters. By swiping it left and right, the ruler is capable to measure things much longer than your Phone!
- Once calibrated, the plumb bob, surface level and level bar can also be used as an inclinometer/clinometer by reading the angles on the screen.
A few tips for better use of iHandy Carpenter:
- THE PLUMB BOB, SURFACE LEVEL AND BUBBLE LEVEL BAR
Calibrate it first before any serious usage!
- USE THE PLUMB BOB TO MEASURE THE VERTICALITY OF A WALL
Two ways to test the verticality of a wall:
1. Put your Phone back-to-back onto the wall you measure (Recommended).
If the shadow of the plumb bob is on X axis (y equals zero), it then indicates your wall is perfectly straight and vertical to the ground. Please note that in this way the reading of "x" does NOT have to be zero.
The back of Phone is not totally flat. But it's accurate enough just to use the flat part of your Phone.
2. Put one edge of your Phone on the wall you measure.
If the shadow of the plumb bob is on Y axis (x equals zero), it then indicates your wall is perfectly straight and vertical to the ground. Please note that in this way the reading of "y" does NOT have to be zero.
- HOW TO MEASURE THE SLOPE OF A SURFACE
A few ways to measure the slope of a surface:
1. Use the Surface Level (Recommended).
Put your phone onto the inclined surface (The edge of Phone should be in line with the slope direction of the surface. To verify this, just to check whether the reading of "y" is around zero).
The reading of "x" is the slope angle of the measured surface.
2. Use the bubble level bar
Put one edge or back of your Phone stick to the inclined surface (The edge of Phone should be in line with the slope direction of the surface).
The reading is the slope angle of the measured surface.
If the surface is almost vertical to the ground, we suggest that you use the plumb bob tool to measure the surface instead.
- CALIBRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please refer to "Help & Instructions" in iHandy Carpenter settings page.
Tags: ihandy , carpenter , ihandy carpenter , handy carpenter , ihandy carpenter для андроид , ihandy widgets , ihandy level , aplicaciones carpinteria , ihandy carpenter для