by: Daniel Roggen • 12
Benchmark the memory and cache bandwidth of your device.
This app estimates the device memory bandwidth by repeatedly reading/writing the data in a memory block.
The size of that memory blocks is swept from large to small. Larger memory blocks will evidence the bandwidth of the DRAM.
Smaller memory blocks may show significantly higher bandwidth (e.g. below 1MB on OMAP 4460 CPUs), as the data will with in the CPU cache.
The memory operations are implemented as native C functions to be as close to the metal as possible.
The app is fully configurable for extreme geeks:
- Range of memory size addressed
- operation type: clear8, clear16, clear32, clear64, memset, non-aligned clear32
- Miminums for the operation: minimum memory accessed, minimum duration, minimum repetitions
- Best of n-repetitions
- Thermal throttling mitigation: configurable sleep between operations to prohibit thermal throttling
- Plot the results (linear or logarithmic scale)