Remote Security Suite + Root
by: Ramandeep Singh Bakshi • 1
** This version of Remote Security Suite is meant for rooted android phones only as it has an additional feature to install the app as a System App which requires root access. If you do not have a rooted phone, install the normal version of Remote Security Suite from the Play Store.
Remote Security Suite is a tool for Android devices that allows users to remotely control several security related aspects of their devices. Remote Security Suite can remotely ring, lock, wipe and locate the device just by sending the "Key Phrase" set by the user to the device. Remote Security Suite can be a helpful tool in case you have misplaced your phone and need to find it or remotely lock the device or securely wipe your data.
To ensure maximum security for your device, Remote Security Suite provides the following features:-
• Alarm - Remotely ring an alarm on the device in case it is misplaced or to alert.
• Lock - Remotely lock the device with a password by sending a pre-defined Key Phrase.
• Wipe - Remotely wipe the data (call logs, sms logs, contacts, settings, files etc) on your device by doing a factory reset.
• Wipe SD Card - Remotely wipe pictures, music, documents and data on your SD Card
• Locate - Remotely locate your device. The device automatically texts back it's GPS location on receiving the pre-defined Key Phrase.
• Time-based Locating - Get new location of the device after a specified time frame automatically.
• Distance-based Locating - Get new location of the device when it is moved by a pre-defined distance(like 50 meters, 100 meters etc).
• Backup Phone Number - Specify a phone number that will be used to text the location of the device if an un-authorized SIM Card is inserted.
• SIM Card White-list - Create a white-list of SIM Cards that can be used with the device. If any other SIM is inserted, the device will text its location back using that new SIM automatically.
• Password Protected Login - Set a password to access the app. (optional)
• Quick Launch from Dialer - Option to launch the app quickly from the phone's dialer instead of opening the app drawer / menu.
• Device Admin - Configures as a 'Device Admin' app to avoid accidental un-installs. To un-install manually, just remove it from the 'Device Admins' list.
• Install as System App [Rooted Phones Only] - Install Remote Security Suite as a system app to prevent it form being removed even if the device is reset.
• Hide incoming Key Phrase - Incoming message containing the key phrase is hidden from the user.
• SMS Confirmation - Send SMS confirmation of remotely performed actions.
• Supported on over 2450 devices!
Permissions required by the app :-
Receive SMS - To receive SMS
Read SMS - To check for Key Phrase coming in via SMS.
Send SMS - Send confirmation messages and location of the device.
Location - To get the location of the device.
Control Vibration - Activate vibration when ringing alarm
Internet - Needed implicitly by geo-coder which would be required for some location services.
Superuser - Needed to install as a System App
Device Administrator - This app uses the Device Administrator permission to install as an admin app making it difficult to uninstall by mistake.
This app does not collect or store personally identifiable data on any servers outside of your phone. All data collected by this app is for use of the app on the device only. The 'Key Phrase' and the location are the only element of this app which can be used outside the device, and that is done by the user explicitly to trigger the corresponding action in the device on which the app is installed, or if the user has explicitly requested location information from the device using the 'Key Phrase' that they set for location tracking in the app. Phone State, SMS messages, Key phrases or any other personal data is never stored or collected to any other server or location outside of the device.