by: Ice Cold Apps • 84
A free and complete test server app. You can setup a server with the Echo Protocol, the Discard protocol, the Character Generator Protocol (CHARGEN) or the Quote Of The Day Protocol (QOTD). The app supports TCP and UDP and for the TCP protocol you can also enable SSL. The server(s) you set can also be set to automatically start when your device is connected to a specific WIFI network!
Note. If you find a bug or have a problem please contact us by email since we cannot help you if you post it in the reviews.
In this version you can add one server (Test Server or Dynamic DNS Updaters) and three optional allowed IP addresses per server. If you want to be able to add unlimited items please buy Test Server Pro. If you buy the pro version you will support development, will be able to add unlimited items and see no advertisements!
For more servers and features have a look at our app Servers Ultimate
And we haven’t even mentioned all; you can even set a dynamic DNS updater! So you can always access your device from everywhere, even if the IP changed!
It also has extensive logging functionality, and you can even set the app to email you the log automatically!
- Secure the server by using SSL/TLS with your own certificate or our built-in certificate
- Start/Stop a Test Server automatically when connected/disconnected from a specified WIFI network, or on boot
- Verbose log (filter, email, etc)
- Optionally only allow specified IP addresses to access a Test Server
- Add a Dynamic DNS Updater using the local or public IP of your device
- The Test Server can be accessed from the web (for example through your 3G connection) if supported by your mobile network
You can test the servers by, for example, connecting to them using Telnet (raw).
- Add multiple Test Servers (Echo Protocol, Discard protocol, Character Generator Protocol, Quote Of The Day Protocol)
- Setup Echo Protocol: when you access the server (for example through raw Telnet) all data will be repeated. So if you send data you will receive the exact same data back.
- Setup Discard Protocol: when you send data to this server nothing will be returned and the data will be discarded.
- Setup Character Generator Protocol: when you connect to this server, the server will start sending back random characters.
- Setup Quote Of The Day Protocol: when you send random data to the server, the server will return a random quote.
- For every Test Server you can set name, port, only access from certain IP addresses, vibrate on a new connection, enable logging, only log errors, start the server when connected to a specific WIFI network and disconnect when the WIFI network is lost, start on boot, respawn on crash, enable SSL
- If you enable SSL: use our SSL certificate, use your own keystore, set keystore type (BKS or PKCS12), set keystore password, set keymanager password
- Add multiple dynamic DNS updaters (set a custom URL, or choose from ChangeIP, DNSdynamic, DNSexit, DNSMadeEasy, DNS-O-Matic, DNSPark, DtDNS, DynDNS, easyDNS, eNom, HE.net, Joker, Namecheap, No-IP, ZoneEdit)
- For every dynamic DNS updater set the name, timeout (in minutes), hostname, username, password and whether to update with the local or public IP address, start the Dynamic DNS Updater when connected to a specific WIFI network, update on connectivity change, start on boot
- On the settings page of the app you can set the maximum log items to keep, whether to keep a WIFI lock (prevent WIFI from disconnecting automatically), keep the device alive, keep the device alive full (keep the screen on, battery intensive), set to start the app on boot
- You can search/filter the log, or set it to be automatically sent when the log limit is reached.
For questions, comments or feature requests just contact us!
Visit us on: https://www.icecoldapps.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IceColdApps
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IceColdApps
Tags: testserver , test server , create a testing server in , ssl testing server , online chargen test server , local testing server , androdi test server , testserver?