by: Appestry • 16
Ever had to look up a phone number and call while driving alone? Well, Voice Directory is the app for you! It is a hands-free app that uses voice to search Yellow Pages' business listings in the US and call the phone number directly.
It can be a helpful tool in avoiding distractions while driving if you absolutely have to look up a number to call for directions or to find out if a business is open. We have all been in those situations and this app is intended to be helpful at that time.
Now you can control the app directly from Pioneer AppRadio!
WARNING: ALWAYS FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE ROAD WHILE DRIVING, ESPECIALLY LAWS THAT BAN HANDHELD OR HANDS-FREE PHONE USE.
• Use voice to search for a business near you or by city and state.
• Search by business name (Starbucks, Mcdonalds...) or business type (pizza, pharmacy...)
• Identify businesses that are read out by name and street address.
• Call the business directly by answering 'yes' when asked to call.
• Choose to hear all the results by answering 'no' when asked to call.
• Lists up to 5 results and repeats the results all over again.
• Say 'cancel' at any prompt to exit the search.
• Pioneer AppRadio support - lets you control the app from your car's dashboard!
• Text to Speech & Speech Recognizer functions which are available in most phones.
• Phone should support US-English.
• Data connection to the Internet.
• Enable GPS or network locator to search near your location.
• Location of business has be in the US.
• In some phones the speech recognizer takes an additional second to start listening for speech input. Wait for 1 to 2 seconds before answering the question if you notice that the phone is still waiting for your answer even after you answer the question.
• Reduce any background noise to help improve speech recognition. Roll up your windows if you are driving.
This app is not affiliated with Yellow Pages, NHTSA or Pioneer.