by: ZDevs • 277.9K
ZArchiver delivers a file managing experience that few others do. While many compression tools seize up when trying to get through huge file sizes, ZArchiver handles them with ease. With an intuitive design and huge file support, this is one useful archiving tool.
The file compression rate on Zarchiver is truly impressive. There's little to no lag time and each time the process was seamless. Doesn't annoy you with ads while it's working. It has a ton of features that many other file managers don't have. Being able to edit the archives without having to unpack is hugely convenient.
There's little to not like, however like many of these programs a better instruction set would help novice users. Also, the font sizes are so large the text bleeds onto two lines. A smaller word-wrapped font would fix that.
Tags: zarchiver , zarchiver apk , zarchiver donate , zarchiver donate 0.6.4 , zarchiver donate apk , axarchiver , zarchiver appzoom , androzip vs zarchiver , zarchiver donate 0.5.2 apk
Sep 18, 2015
ZArchiver - is a program for archive management. It has a simple and functional interface.
ZArchiver lets you:
- Create the following archive types: 7z (7zip), zip, bzip2 (bz2), gzip (gz), XZ, tar;
- Decompres the following archive types: 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, arc (freearc), lzip;
- View archive contents: 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, arc (freearc), lzip;
- Create and decompress password-protected archives;
- Edit archives: add/remove files to/from the archive (zip, 7zip, tar, apk, mtz);
- Create and decompress multi-part archives: 7z, rar(decompress only);
- Partial archive decompression;
- Open compressed files;
- Open an archive file from mail applications;
- Extract splited archives: 7z, zip and rar (7z.001, zip.001, part1.rar, z01);
- Multithreading support (useful for multicore processors);
- UTF-8/UTF-16 supporting in filenames. Allows you to use national symbols in filenames;
- No need for enabling multiselect mode. You can select files by clicking on the icon from the left of the filename;
ATTENTION! Any useful ideas and wishes are welcome. You can send them by email or just leave a comment here.
Q: What password?
A: The contents of some archives may be encrypted and the archive can only be opened with the password (don't use the phone password!).
Q: The program is not working correctly?
A: Send me an email with detailed description of the problem.
Q: How to compress files?
A: Select all files, you want to compress, by clicking on icons (from the left of filenames). Click on the one of selected files and choose "Compress" from menu. Set desired options and press OK button.
Q: How to extract files?
A: Click on archive name and select suitable options ("Extract Here" or other).