Bahamas Bliss: Bimini
by: Sutro Media • 1
-National Geographic Traveler, The Travel Channel, Forbes Travel, and AOL Travel, have all recently named The Biminis one of the top snorkeling, and SCUBA diving spots in the world, backdrop to countless underwater movies depicting the best of cinematography.
-The Biminis,“Gateway to the Bahamas," and "Game Fishing Capital,” is steeped in legend and lore; pirates, & rum-running history, are forever tied to Ernest Hemingway, who resided in Bimini for several years.
-An effortless, 25-minute flight, Bimini, is a few hours by boat or yacht from Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Freeport, and Nassau. The Biminis, with its countless-shades-of-aqua-water, is one of the Bahamas top Out Island destinations.
-What This App Offers-
• Bahamas Bliss: Bimini-IGuide, provides the definitive, insider source, with all original content, written by the author with over 35 years of traveling to these remote islands of the stream.
• 1650 + photos; star and vibe ratings.
• As a first-time visitor or returning traveler; you’re guided to the latest events and little-known secrets: where to stay-(from fab to funky,) the best in dining, unusual, historic sites, and where to play on untrammeled beaches.
• Each of the App’s 150 + entries has its own photo slide show, a helpful write-up; with interactive links, YouTube videos, built-in maps, hours and days of operation, and cost.
• Sort entries by various categories: Accommodations, Attractions, Bakeries/Food/Restaurants,
Bars/Nightlife, Best Beaches, Historical Sites, Island Personalities, Marinas, Shopping, Transportation, Water Sports, and a nifty search feature.
• Explore swimming with wild, Atlantic Spotted Dolphin
• Snorkel or dive the famous Bimini Road (possible site of the mystical isle of Atlantis)
• Find the big, fast, angling catches: marlin, sailfish, tuna, wahoo, and bonefish.
• Dive with Caribbean Reef and Lemon sharks
• Tour the world-famous Shark Lab
• Kayak through the beautiful mangroves and flats
• Handle the harmless, indigenous, Bimini Boa
• Munch on sweet Bimini Bread
• Discover the freshest Conch salad, and best lobster spots
• Dance with the best bands with original island music
✭Welcome to the unique adventure island...special in its own way.✭
★ About the Author ★
Sandra Davis is a travel photojournalist, based out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. She has been exploring the Bahamian Out Islands, Caribbean, and Mexico in words and pictures for over 35 years. She's even spent some time in the southernmost town of the US: Key West-hangin with Buffett-guitar in hand, under the giant sea grape tree at Louie’s Backyard.
A fan of Hemingway's novel, "Islands in the Stream," brought Sandra to the setting for the novel, The Biminis, in 1979; aboard the famous amphibious airline, Chalks International. Walking through Hemingway's history, advanced her interest in The Biminis, and in all of the Bahamas Out Islands, and its character filled history.
Sandra has been a contributing features editor for Elite Traveler, Travel Weekly, Skywriting's, Caribbean Beat, ShowBoats International, Professional Travel Guide, Caribbean Lifestyle, and contributed to five Fodor's Travel Guides: Bahamas-Out Islands, Bermuda, USA-Florida, and Caribbean Ports of Call.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org