by: Surf Life Saving Australia • 149
Taking a road trip up the coast? On holiday? Or just looking for the right beach for you? Find your nearest beaches in seconds.
Brought to you by Surf Life Saving Australia, the Beachsafe app includes the location, weather, surf conditions and hazards plus the local facilities for all Australian beaches. Importantly, the current lifesaving service for each beach is listed to help you find the nearest patrolled beach. Beachsafe also provides expert advice about rip currents, flags and signs, waves, marine creatures, surf skills and more.
SLSA recommends swimming at patrolled beaches, between the red and yellow flags.
Find a beach
• Find beaches near you with your device’s GPS
• Use the map view to quickly locate beaches near you
• Search for a town, city, region or beach
• Save your favourite beaches
Patrol service information
• Quickly and easily see if a beach is patrolled by surf lifesavers or lifeguards
• Find out when a beach will be patrolled using the future search function
• View detailed weather forecasts
• See the tide information
• Check the swell and wind forecast
• Review a beach’s hazard rating
• Read detailed summaries of each beach written by coastal safety experts
• See hazard information about a patrolled beach including rip currents, stingers and sharks when these have been entered by surf lifesavers or lifeguards
• How to identify and escape rip currents
• Lifeguard’s top tips
• Read about flags and signs
• Waves and weather
• Surf skills
• Marine creatures
• First aid advice
• And more…
The Beachsafe app was produced in conjunction with SLSA's beach safety website beachsafe.org.au.
If you find this app useful and you wish to help support Surf Life Saving Australia and our 160,000 volunteers, please visit https://sls.com.au.
Be safe at the beach, get Beachsafe.