by: PocketGuide Inc. • 185
Budapest Audio Travel Guide
Do you know that the Dohány Street Synagogue is the largest synagogue in Europe? Do you know where to have brunch in a boat restaurant next to the Chain Bridge or how to find the famous ruin pubs in the inner districts? Whether you are eager to wander the grounds and surrounds of Castle Hill with its churches, towers and statues, and the famous Fisherman’s Bastion with absolutely amazing views of the Danube River, take a bike ride on Margaret Island, or revive yourself one of the city's healing thermal baths our tailor-made tours guide you through the city.
Forget about lengthy text based content and pay attention to the site itself while listening to the narrated information.
Got tired of sightseeing and hungry for a goulash? Switch to the browsing mode to get first hand tips to the best restaurants and bars around.
PocketGuide is the world’s leading audio city guide application that guides you through the city by voice, introducing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in the world’s major cities and tourist destinations. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside out. You can either choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. During the trip it can record your activities and with one click you can create an amazing 3D video of all your experiences.
* In the app you have free access to the offline map as well as the GPS tracking and sharing (3D video) features. You can browse through the tours and try any of them for free online. You only pay to download your tour for offline use to avoid high roaming charges.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse hundreds of tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Also download: PocketGuide App to gain access to 150+ cities globally.
Tours of Budapest:
* The City and the Danube (1 hour, 2 km) A warm-up walk, a taster of the longer City Centre tours.
* The Medieval and Baroque Town (2 hour, 2.5 A must if you are interested in Central European history.
* Churches and Synagogues (2,5 hour, 3.5 km) A longer walk around the secrets of a Middle European city centre's past.
* In the Shadow of City Palaces (2,5 hour, 3.5 km) A modern political and business centre housed in early 20th century palaces.
* A Rock in the Middle of the City (2,5 hour, 3 km) Unforgettable panoramas of a metropolis with a little exertion.
* Town Between Castle Hill and the Danube (3 hour, 5,5 km) The capital and the river: the Danube bridges and the riverside.
* The Hungarian Champs Élysées (2 hour, 5,5 km) An easy walk for enthusiasts of conscious city planning.
* Island of Lovers and Sport fans (2 hour, 2,5 km) A green island with a great past in the middle of town. You may also cycle the route.
* Mental and Physical Relaxation in the Park (2 hour, 5km) A 100-year-old park to enjoy for modern man.
* Follow the Kings (2 hour, 2.5 km) Glimpses of the city's three facades: the Castle, the riverside and the Centre.
Tags: best budapest audio guides , budapest , budapest gratis 40 stars 21 gps city guide
by Serge Drake
Mar 26, 2017 | "Poor"
by Doron Greental
Jun 19, 2016 | "Great"
Used all the time, everywhere. for tours landmarks and interesting spots. Cons: consume battery, needs some sites updates, automatically starts even when you are not ready e.g. crossing the road